Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you, but this is exactly what I have done 3 out of 4 occasions. I scheduled service in the app and explained the issue with detailed trips as best I could fit in the app text box. I received a message that no battery errors were found and the appt was canceled.

Last weekend I submitted another after having to stop and charge to make a round trip after leaving with 95% charge and driving 145 miles. When I submitted , it triggered a diagnostic. A few hours later I received a notice that low voltage battery needed replacement. Mobile service came out and changed it the next morning. Ticket closed. Nothing said about the range issue. So yesterday I tracked it again and happened to drive exactly from 90% to 40% and trip showed 112 miles driven.
What are your efficiency numbers (miles/kWh) in these long drives ?

There is no evidence for the USS removal being related to mass production. Show me the stories of other manufacturers reducing production and blaming a lack of USS. There are none.
This was an arrogant move by people who live and work in California or Texas, on US roads, who have no idea what European raods and weather are like, and it absoluitely, definitely made the product much, much worse.
I have a 2022 model Y with FSD purchased. It cannot even autopark, 8 months after purchase. My 2015 model S could. How is this 4D chess by elon? The product is getting worse.

Chevrolet Drops Rear Park Assist On 2022 Corvette Due To Chip Shortage | Carscoops

Citroen C3 hatch, C5 Aircross lose key safety tech, parking sensors amid semiconductor shortage

Cadillac Removes Parking Assist From Select 2022 Models Because We All Know Why

Volkswagen Drops Features Due to Chip Shortage | Edmunds

So you are telling us that your neighbour bought a cheap, ugly, slow, MG EV with dreadful range and infotainment system, and you are comparing it to a Tesla. 🤣 Got it.

For the record, I've been able to park my FSD-enabled Tesla(s) for many years now, without the need for Auto Park.

View attachment 948188
My neighbour is very happy with their car, with its shorter range, and minimal infotainment system. You bragging about what an amazing job you do of parking while looking down your nose at people buying more affordable cars is unlikely to win them over if they ever need another EV.
By the way, my car bragged about autopark as a 'coming soon' feature on the store page. Its still not here, unlike much, much cheaper alternatives.
Is this an investor forum or a fan club?

The message is that user preferences vary but basic motoring function is useful to all drivers, not subsets.

The moral of the story is that Tesla is building the infrastructure they will need in a robotaxi fleet. That includes gaming and streaming video, but not birds (other than the ride hailing app).

...My wish is for people to stop complaining about everything. If you don’t like something about any product then don’t buy it, don’t use it, sell it, get a different product. Vote with your money not your mouth.

I understand not everyone wants the same things in a vehicle. If auto wipers working in a particular way is high on your criteria list then go buy that vehicle. And if that criteria also happens to occur in another EV, less expensive or otherwise than a Tesla, then go buy it. Because I also remember many people saying Tesla can’t do it all themselves, so hurray you can get those perfect performing auto wipers in another EV - that’s a good thing, not a bad thing.
Aaaaaand now I've heard everything: @Krugerrand telling others to be less of a sourpuss.
;)

Driving thru MA yesterday in the rain my wipers worked fine EXCEPT that there are signs that MA law says if your wipers are on your headlights MUST be on, so I had to go to manual to get them on. Worse yet when I parked the manual lights stayed on. The good news was the car then b*****d at me to shut the lights off.
Earlier software versions had the headlamps come on automatically whenever the automatic wipers came on.

I was sorry to see that feature disappear.

Neither. It's a broken record club. As in, you've broken the record for repeating the same point while ignoring the plain simple answers provided to you. That's not how investors act, nor fans.
The point being made is that Tesla still have not addressed these two safety issues.

The real broken record in this instance is within Tesla, we are simply the observers and reporters.

(They also affect demand, though at the moment that does not translate into sales. It may however translate into margin and profit.)

Totally agree. An option for a 1970’s style cruise control where it just keeps the speed would be soooo nice. TACC and FSD at this point are no longer get useable for basic highway cruising. I get that this will get fixed someday but until then they need to make a basic cruise control available that is not affected by any sensor input. TACC used to be great but it is completely unuseable and potentially unsafe now. C’mon Elon. Turn back the clock 50 years and give us a working safe cruise control.

Jmho.
Been asking for plain old fashioned dumb cruise control since 02 Jun 2018…even willing to have to agree to some lawyer language every time I start the car to be able to have said dumb cruise control.

My neighbour is very happy with their car, with its shorter range, and minimal infotainment system. You bragging about what an amazing job you do of parking while looking down your nose at people buying more affordable cars is unlikely to win them over if they ever need another EV.
By the way, my car bragged about autopark as a 'coming soon' feature on the store page. Its still not here, unlike much, much cheaper alternatives.
Is this an investor forum or a fan club?
If you're having difficulty with parking, please refer to this instructional video.

My neighbour is very happy with their car, with its shorter range, and minimal infotainment system.

Yeah and I’m sure their wives’ are telling them

“It’s the not range that matters, it’s how you use it”

“The car has a great personality”

But they still stiffen up a little bit whenever a P100D drives by:

I got this for Father's day. Hopefully it won't be a drawing next year. (Also hopefully the stock is back where getting one is reasonable)

Sorry it doesn't relate to USS or cruise control.
IMG_0200.jpg

Maybe if it said Crude Oil forever.... But Gasoline has been extracted, shipped and then refined and shipped again.

No to Gasoline forever for me!
Fair point. I’ve no quibble with that at all, although I’m nowhere nearly so dogmatic as some about hydrocarbon consumption so long as it pertains exclusively to the production of non-combusted materials as (some) “plastic”, asphalt and a limited number of other materials.

The point being made is that Tesla still have not addressed these two safety issues.

This is wrong on two levels. First, autowipers and ultrasonic sensors are not safety issues. They are convenience features which DO NOT affect safety, nor remove responsibility of the driver to operate their vehicle safely. Further, Tesla is addressing these issues, just not in the order certain people would prefer (ie: auto-wipers via a surround-video neural-net in FSD beta; USS replaced w. Tesla Vision). The pace of improvement is a separate issue; not safety.

More tellingly, these spurious arguments IGNORE the simple fact that mulitple other OEMs have stopped delivering similar features in the past year, holding Tesla to different standard than their competitors. Claims were made that UK sales dropped because of the removal of USS hardware, then Tesla sales in the UK hit a new all-time high the following month. Bogus.

I submit that these people would cherry pick other issues if not for these. We do not know what covered-call are being sold surreptitiously, but even though it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its actually a care-bear.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
The alternatives are patented.
There are patented solutions from Magna, Bosch, Volvo and more. I won’t link them since you might search for them yourself. Perhaps there is a definitional issue that creates the disconnect.
If the display is a blended pure camera image of the car viewed from above, literally bird’s eye view, then some of the best and most useful systems might not qualify. Another common divergence is using visual graphic representations of sensor data.
in short as technologies advance there are multiple approaches to visual displays and distance warnings. With more automated parking systems the opportunity for visually photo-like images of vehicle positions become more varied.

In short “the alternatives are patented“ is incorrect.

IMHO, When searching one needs to describe use case rather than specific technical solution.
I was referring to function rather than specific process. Perhaps I was insufficiently clear.

There are patented solutions from Magna, Bosch, Volvo and more. I won’t link them since you might search for them yourself. Perhaps there is a definitional issue that creates the disconnect.
If the display is a blended pure camera image of the car viewed from above, literally bird’s eye view, then some of the best and most useful systems might not qualify. Another common divergence is using visual graphic representations of sensor data.
in short as technologies advance there are multiple approaches to visual displays and distance warnings. With more automated parking systems the opportunity for visually photo-like images of vehicle positions become more varied.

In short “the alternatives are patented“ is incorrect.

IMHO, When searching one needs to describe use case rather than specific technical solution.
I was referring to function rather than specific process. Perhaps I was insufficiently clear.
Then what you describe is more general than 360/birdseye, and that would have to be novel enough to avoid patent issues. Since those were the two terms mentioned, that was the concept focused on specifically in my replies. Not something vaguely similar in concept.

Traditional implementation of 360 would have license issues. I would bet traditional auto gets the license with the hardware from Tier 1s, but Tesla does not have that access because they do their own software stack and hardware and would need to negotiate licenses for "like functionality".

I agree. What’s happening here is not advocating for improvement.
It is more accurate to say nothing posted here will ensure that Tesla solves the problems faster.

If people have the solution, and are sure they can get it working, the best course of action is apply to join the Tesla FSD team,

If people have evidence that Tesla isn't trying to solve these problems, I would be very surprised.

Anyone who thinks they can do better also has the option of starting their own car company.

I'm sure Tesla is aware of the limitations and is working on them. it takes as long as it takes. They never claimed that they don't make mistakes, they frequently admit to making mistakes and missing deadlines.

Sure it is frustrating when things take longer than we would ideally like, that frustration is called "reality".

It is more accurate to say nothing posted here will ensure that Tesla solves the problems faster.

If people have the solution, and are sure they can get it working, the best course of action is apply to join the Tesla FSD team,

If people have evidence that Tesla isn't trying to solve these problems, I would be very surprised.

Anyone who thinks they can do better also has the option of starting their own car company.

I'm sure Tesla is aware of the limitations and is working on them. it takes as long as it takes. They never claimed that they don't make mistakes, they frequently admit to making mistakes and missing deadlines.

Sure it is frustrating when things take longer than we would ideally like, that frustration is called "reality".
I believe the frustration that people have been expressing is mainly this: Tesla should not remove the HW of a working feature BEFORE the SW team has a working replacement. Both the wiper sensors and the USS were working features that were removed prematurely.