Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've had a few good weeks so people are getting back into rally mode.

I'm still skeptical of this year. I don't trust Powell and I fear we might see another rate hike yet, or some unforeseen negative catalyst to plunge the market down again. Economy is still too shaky for me to feel confident in it. To say nothing of Tesla's price cuts, lower margins, and CT line ramp costs.

Yeah I'm still holding cash and waiting on the sideline. Q2 earnings are going to be a disaster. Without ads coming online soon, Q3 earnings are not going to look much better. A crash right back down to $150 is not out of the question.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm still holding cash and waiting on the sideline. Q2 earnings are going to be a disaster. Without ads coming online soon, Q3 earnings are not going to look much better. A crash right back down to $150 is not out of the question.
Care to actually explain why you’re so sure Q2 is going to be such a disaster?

Cause all I see is data pointing to 440-450k deliveries, limited price cuts/discounts, mostly on the vehicles that don’t matter much to Tesla’s bottom line. The Y, which is by far the money maker is doing great this quarter. Increased IRA credits from Austin expansion. Increased IRA credits from Shanghai now supporting Canada which means all Fremont/Austin production goes to US deliveries. Gross margin tailwinds from both Berlin and Austin hitting volume production. There’s more too but I’m sure the point is clear.

Not saying Q2 earnings are going to be spectacular, but I see no reason to think they’re going to be a disaster. I do think they’ll blow away analyst expectations

In early 2013, Craig Johnson of Piper Sandler positively alerted me about Tesla, leading me to my first TSLA purchase. His colleague Alexander Potter has a Buy rating on TSLA and $280 price target.
This morning Craig wrote:
TSLA—Shares have reversed a declining price channel.• Back above the 10-/30-week WMAs.• RS is trending toward positive territory and impressive TechniGrade ranking.• A close above $218 should open the door to a new leg higher.

I can’t understand how someone can invest in a company when they clearly think company management is completely incompetent. I get how people can be bearish about specific things, lots of things which are concerning, particularly around the Macro and delivery timelines. But the way you paint it seems to suggest you feel Tesla management is perfectly willing to blindly row that boat right into oblivion.

Why are you here? Why would you ever invest in a company when you clearly think management is incapable of seeing clear and eminent danger ahead? It’s not just this post, I see you repeating a lot of weak bear cases which require assuming Tesla management is filled with idiots.

1686069297968.png