Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 888090

the VERY long term view, from La macroeconomía y los tipos de interés (and other sources I’ve seen before).
Thanks for that.

For everyone’s reference, Elon said earlier on the Twitter spaces: “Who would own stock when fed rate is paying a higher return?”

Which of course ignores the many reasons why people would still own stocks in that environment, and have done for many many periods of fed rates at that rate in the past.

I would absolutely love some elevator up action! Short interests too powerful for us at the moment though.

I wonder if a decent amount of short action is coming from longs. Buying protective puts has a similar effect to selling shares because the mms will short in order to hedge. Investors with a large stake of TSLA (as a percentage of their assets) have seen so much wiped out that they might sacrifice 10% to preserve what's left, while holding onto shares to preserve some upside.

The production related and margin related responses were interesting. Could see price cuts on the CT?
CT is the least likely vehicle to need price cuts - will be supply limited for at least the first year, if not 2-3 years.

Y will be approaching 2 million annual output very soon - that is where pricing / model SKU experiments will be needed.

Elon just remains completely uninterested in or deaf to concerns about how his political views might turn off potential customers.
This is a known quantity.

It is not his political views per se that turn people off, but much more about how his views are presented and misrepresented by third parties to stir outrage for their own agenda.

The quote "I'm not going to suppress my views to pump the stock price" will not play well.
Haha, yeah Musk will continue to be Musk because he has principles and will stand by them weather you like it or not.

What ROSS said was great...about how the owner of the media company shouldn't have too many opinions. Would loved to hear what Elon thought about that before Earl took over with his pronouns.

The quote "I'm not going to suppress my views to pump the stock price" will not play well.

It is not his political views per se that turn people off, but much more about how his views are presented and misrepresented by third parties to stir outrage for their own agenda.
There's not many ways you can 'present' what he says. His views are pretty clear and those are his to own. And yes, attacking certain communities and spreading misinformation is on him.

If Elon's comments are not inflicting meaningful damage on the brand, then the quarterly numbers will bear this out and this overhang will gradually be removed. Will just take time.

If Elon's comments are not inflicting meaningful damage on the brand, then the quarterly numbers will bear this out and this overhang will gradually be removed. Will just take time.
I never said his comments are not inflicting meaningful damage. Rather his comments are being weaponized to try and inflict meaningful damage. Perhaps it is working. I don't think is is, but I am not sure. I do believe that any real damage is in the USA only. Globally, most people just don't care or think it is amusing.