Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, but *completely* ignoring the illegal immigration problem is bad policy. It’s so bad that doing it is actually reducing many Americans appetite for legal immigration, which is very very bad. The far left policy on immigration is dumb and not shared by like >70% of the country.

On the other side, the far right wanting curtail legal immigration would be ruinously stupid. Immigration is literally why we are the world’s superpower. Probably 70% of the country doesn’t want this either.

But because the whole immigration debate is so singularly focused on the Illegal side of it, positive policy improvement on the legal side is impossible. Right now green card wait times are like 800 days(!!). On top of this, this pisses off legal immigrants who seem to get penalized for doing things the right way!

If you had a solution that increased border security, but massively increased legal immigration at the same time, probably 70%+ of the country would support it… but like I said both parties are controlled by interests who want things that vast majorities of the country do not want, so we have this dysfunctional mess we are in right now.
Democrats lobby for high-tech immigration reforms in innovation bill before Congress - Science

Lots of things in here that seem like they would be good for attracting the kind of talent Tesla needs to be competitive. Among them:

"In another provision, technically skilled workers could apply for the new type of visa without having a domestic sponsor, now required under current rules. A third change to the current immigration laws would make foreign students earning a Ph.D. in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) field at a U.S. or foreign university immediately eligible for a green card, which affords them the status of a permanent resident."

Who opposed this? I'll give you a buck if you can guess.

"“Immigration is not the primary purpose of [the Senate innovation bill],” Cornyn said. “And based on my experience here, I think that the more it deals with immigration, the harder it will be to get it passed.”"

Both sides indeed. /s

Last edited:
Russian can’t even win a war against Ukraine , they don’t stand a chance against Europe and NATO. Russia knows that .

NATO support turned the tide for Ukraine. Russia is betting (big) that Europe will blink. That's why Russia cut off the gas, now sabotaged Nordstream 1/2 infrastructure.

Success in Crimea + Donbas emboldened Russia, as did the previous U.S. administration. We don't "know what they know" except that Russia is adverse to updating long-held doctrine.

The Kremlin is in a bubble today. The Market views this situation as an elevated risk.

Last edited:
Mod-on-Vacation:
1. Death Valley National Park is spectacular.
2. There is a thread for discussing Russia/Ukraine war, and this isn't it.
3. Immigration policy is perilously close to politics, and it's all been said, so the discussion should stop now (unless someone wants to create a thread outside this one).
--ggr (who can channel Lord Vetinari when his vacation is interrupted.)

Mod-on-Vacation:
1. Death Valley National Park is spectacular.
2. There is a thread for discussing Russia/Ukraine war, and this isn't it.
3. Immigration policy is perilously close to politics, and it's all been said, so the discussion should stop now (unless someone wants to create a thread outside this one).
--ggr (who can channel Lord Vetinari when his vacation is interrupted.)

While you're here, why don't you *sugar* can the trolls (and make a real difference)?

New battery challenges with VW.

"The defect is that the cells may have an increased rate of self-discharge."

Could get costly:

"... a diagnostic test will be run to determine if there are any defective battery cells. If any are found, the dealer will replace them at no cost."

New battery challenges with VW.

"The defect is that the cells may have an increased rate of self-discharge."

Could get costly:

"... a diagnostic test will be run to determine if there are any defective battery cells. If any are found, the dealer will replace them at no cost."

When VW needs to ask their cars back to dealers for check and possibly replacement of batteries, that's call service measure
When Tesla needs to update it's software for windows self closing issues, that's call recall

Got it

Guys we’re so off topic here.

Where’s the discussion about TSLA trading like a dog again today and being spoofed nonstop while the macros rally??????

Gonna love reading Gary Black’s random excuse for TSLA trading terribly today 🙄
Oh ya... forgot to mention. Crazy low drop today considering the next few days.
I expected this on Monday, after some really good Tesla news. 🙃

09/29/2022 11:02:15Bought 25 TSLA @ 273.9499

Don't disagree with your premise that, inflation has been in check due to supply matching demand the last two decades. But the moment supply is disrupted and is less than demand, you have the following scenarios:

- solve the supply disruption problem. Not an easy proposition since world is connected. You simply cannot build Chip factories, or Lithium factories overnight. And Ukraine war literally guarantees that.

- do nothing, and hope that demand comes down by itself. But then you run the risk of a run-away inflation before the demands meets supply

- Or, artificially suppress demand through monetary policies that will trigger a loss of jobs, which in turn will cut down demand.

As painful as it is, the last option is the only prudent option for now. The other two will get us more pain
During the 1970s, stagflation was caused by supply issues due to high unemployment. Raising rate is fine to damper some demand, but to rise rates to the point of causing layoffs is stupid.

Monetary policy should follow these rules.

1. Whatever you do, do not cause unemployment to rise
2. Follow rule number 1.

Where’s the discussion about TSLA trading like a dog again today and being spoofed nonstop while the macros rally??????

Gonna love reading Gary Black’s random excuse for TSLA trading terribly today 🙄

You show me the macro rally, and I'll show you... well, whatever you like; it doesn't matter since apparently we're not going to get that far!

Reactions: gene and Skryll
TSLA is getting weaker and weaker throughout the day…..let’s see how low they get the stock before Monday. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see 250’s
Time to get into my Reserves - just like the US did with oil to keep it artificially lower than any other place on earth. Risky, but effective.

A major downturn could mean having to selling some TSLA at a loss down the road. But odds are in my favor. So buy the dip IMHO, with emphasis on Opinion not Advise (otherwise it would be IMHA).

1664469149239.png