Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think that's actually true about his window for selling.

And regardless, to dump shares the day after the shareholders meeting is incredibly bad optics and in very poor taste. Even doing on Monday is better than doing in the very day after the shareholders meeting.
I might be wrong about the exact date, but the discretionary window for selling is very limited. In a planned sell, they can happen at anytime as long as the plan is filed before hand.

well, if we manage to get steered into a war with China, that would change things for everybody. The next few geographically / geopolitically spread out gigafactories can't come soon enough
Agreed!
This is one of the reasons I _start_ to breathe a sigh of relief. Gigafactory in Europe, one in Asia, several (depending on which factories you count as Giga) in North America ... Spreading out through various continents and political realms mitigates the single-black-swan risk a lot, one of the few things that is still a believable threat to the sustainable-transition juggernaut we are creating.
I will _finish_ breathing the sigh of relief when Austin has ramped and Brandenburg has ramped.

That takes care of the worry end of things. Now for the potential upside blastoffs:

I will _start_ to cheer when the godawful war in Ukraine ends. The will also turn off the main fire that is causing inflation and allow the untangling of supply chains to resume (also helping inflation). I almost cannot imagine what Tesla could accomplish with all 4 current factories ramped and no global Force Majeure events going on - may we be lucky enough to see that happen!
I will _finish_ cheering when Gigafactory Kyiv or Lviv breaks ground. (Best to stay on the western end of the country just in case). Battery backed-up solar powered Dojo-trained air defense lasers optional (not for resale). Gigafactory Kherson under Ukrainian management even more bullish. It could be staffed: per my understanding, many thousands of IT-talented folks scrambled away from the Kremlin and will be looking for work outside the Motherland.

My $0.02; hearing Elon talk always fires up the bullish side of the imagination.

And regardless, to dump shares the day after the shareholders meeting is incredibly bad optics and in very poor taste. Even doing on Monday is better than doing in the very day after the shareholders meeting.
Optics and taste, two things Elon famously cares about deeply.

I might be wrong about the exact date, but the discretionary window for selling is very limited. In a planned sell, they can happen at anytime as long as the plan is filed before hand.
Which would make it even worse. Who schedules a stock sell for the day after a shareholders meeting :rolleyes:
Optics and taste, two things Elon famously cares about deeply.

Even Elon I would have to imagine would understand dumping a day after is a slap in the face to shareholders.

Reactions: MikeC and NooB_cat
Picked up 50 chairs at $865 just so i can say i have 150 more chairs after the split :)
Yup. Picked up 25 at 858.9999999999

1659728563228.png

I cannot imagine a mod threatening you with a ban for suggesting that. It sure wasn’t me.

I find today’s trajectory suspicious, as the drop is strong, steady and unrelated to the indices. We’ve seen that before.
Last time EM sold I called it immediately and although I was not directly called out, there was lots of criticism thrown around the board at people making crazy claims like mine without any ‘evidence’. And that as much as people in the know and with experience try to help some people, morons will be morons. This persisted until the filings came out officially, to the point where I sheepishly assumed that I was wrong to make such statements. I even apologized right before the filing posted. I don’t recall any mea culpas in the other direction afterwards.

I cannot say what is happening today, have not been following the ticker closely, but looking at it quickly now, I see similarities to when I called it out. It would be disappointing to me if EM was selling mainly because it would mean that he is buying TWTR. Whether it is because he still wants to or whether he has figured out that he will be essentially forced to, I am disappointed.

Nah, the macro dip began precisely when the Jobs Report was released at 08:30 ET

View attachment 837146

And shortzes and hedgies jumped on the chance to pound TSLA below Max Pain. Done and dusted, now off to the Hamptons for (yet) another weekend of coke and hoes...

Not /s.

Couldn't they also be off to Hampton (Nebraska) just for some cokes and a hoe?
(Asking for a friend)

This outlook has always enabled me to never be surprised when a stock behaves irrationally in the short term. It's usually just short term manipulation.

When does your shift change? I mean, when does the guy from the morning crew clock out, and when you come on shift? ;)

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-08-05.16-00.png

Wedgies parked it on the 10-Day MA. How predictable. :p

Cheers!

Hedge funds/Shorts sure are trying to make it appear like Elon is selling. The trading action look very similar to the days when Elon has sold in the past. Just sheer constant selling pressure, non-stop and comletely detached from the macros.

I very much doubt it's Elon selling, but if he was, I'd actually be pretty annoyed and pissed. Dumping shares the day after Shareholders meeting is in very poor taste.

He really only has until the 17th if he is selling. He'd be criticized regardless.

So many posts and nobody wants to mention options Friday? I think this was unwinding of the delta hedge or perhaps hedgies were hoping for a split announcement to run it up even more. No news and they decide to partner with their MM friends to pull TSLA.