Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember that with Elon, you do not need to read "between the lines", what he says he usually means as is.
Sure... but what exactly does "Chuckmate" mean? Is Chuck Norris actually involved?

I'm pretty sure this isn't just some elaborate game Musk was playing to destroy Twitter's little remaining credibility.

"Musk usually says what he means"... I totally agree. Just sometimes what he says is so obscured and vague that it really doesn't mean a whole lot.

You'd have to speculate that ol'Warren has spooked on China. Anyway, he was never keen on the BYD purchase; that was Charlie Munger I think. Probably just taking profits, and thinking short term. Ironic, wot?

Yes on both counts I think. BYD was never a good fit for Buffet. He tends to be much more conservative in his investments. Remember, he is the ultimate value investor, thinks more like a bank, wanting moats and collateral. BYD, especially when they bought it, was a huge growth stock play. So, yeah, now they've actually made a decent profit, time to get out before what is a very possible financial tsunami hitting China - ie. their huge debt bubble.

While I like BYD as a company, macro events in China have kept me on the sidelines wrt any Chinese investing myself.

Yes on both counts I think. BYD was never a good fit for Buffet. He tends to be much more conservative in his investments. Remember, he is the ultimate value investor, thinks more like a bank, wanting moats and collateral. BYD, especially when they bought it, was a huge growth stock play. So, yeah, now they've actually made a decent profit, time to get out before what is a very possible financial tsunami hitting China - ie. their huge debt bubble.

While I like BYD as a company, macro events in China have kept me on the sidelines wrt any Chinese investing myself.
A while ago Buffet hired a few younger money managers to help them identify opportunities outside of the usual Buffet/ Munger bailiwick. This sort of sorter term/ growth bet is no doubt the result of their new management team.

Makes me wonder if BRK is going to transform into something more like a fund than their classic portfolio.

Reactions: Dig deeper
A while ago Buffet hired a few younger money managers to help them identify opportunities outside of the usual Buffet/ Munger bailiwick. This sort of sorter term/ growth bet is no doubt the result of their new management team.

Makes me wonder if BRK is going to transform into something more like a fund than their classic portfolio.
Brk is so large they do everything. The young guys were to handle stock market type investing. But BRK is involved in all areas of finance. I mean, they bailed out Goldman Sachs for Pete’s sake, taking a 10% guaranteed dividend preferred stock in the process.

For humor reasons only I share this:

FXgMK6kWAAIk3VS

😂

Last edited:
My only post about Twitter…….but I’m going to laugh my butt off if the court case goes a year to a year and half……only for the market to fully recover, tech stocks are back up to a decent premium, the court decides against Elon……only for Twitter to complain that they don’t want to sell anymore because they want a higher valuation 🥴

Btw the FUD around the court case, including Gary’s stupid posts, are beyond laughable…..what is the risk here? That Elon has to buy Twitter?…..which has already been more than accounted for in the stock price of TSLA. Elon already sold the stock he needed for the purchase. If any of the others parties involved for funding bail, it gives Elon complete legitimate reason to be unable to close the deal - unable to obtain funding as detailed in the offer.

So….what….is…the….downside at this point?

The fact that Gary is putting out those stupid tweets really shows how ignorant and clueless that guy actually is
The ultimate downside risk is Elon being forced to buy Twitter and financing pulls out… where Elon has to sue for specific performance and sell more shares. That could get uglier. I’d say that likelihood is very, very low… but I wouldn’t say everything is priced it. A very large portion of it is.

Just replied to Ashlee Vance that Elon wins this intellectual tussle 100/100 times. Trump jealous that Elon has almost 100X him in wealth, Trump's only measure of success. Trump not savvy, Elon can sway enough voters to swing nomination. Ego.
Would you storm the capital? Because Trumps followers will. What do you think Trumps followers will to do Elon if they see him in public.

The last few years TSLA options themselves are in the category of a black swan. No stock in history have ever has such an impact on the options markets for such a long period of time. At some point, TSLA will no longer be this volatile and selling options five days to expiration 20% out of the money will get you nothing.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
I've long since let this forum know my feeling towards derivative securities in all their forms and their corrosive effect on the capital markets, BUT only every now and again do I reiterate them. In this instance, I believe we also very fairly can say no stock in history ever has been affected so often and massively by the options market; and dead certainly no large, ie., >$100bn market cap, stock.

I do have a twitter account but I'm so tired of the twitter drama here.
Ask and ye shall receive, as so am I. Therefore, partly inasmuch as much of the drama involves too many spinning their tires so we see the same arguments roll around again and roll around again and roll around again and.....

If a post that obliquely or full-frontally refers to Twitter and DOES NOT SPECIFICALLY REDOUND TO Tesla Inc.
AND TSLA in the most incontrovertibly direct fashion, delete it yourself before you hit the Send/Post button. In other words -

We're done here. No more Twitter.

Did the market sell off yesterday to make sure they don’t sell off in case of a bad CPI number tomorrow? I understand bear markets now. You sell off in advance of an anticipated bad news and then you sell off when the bad news happens this way you have 2 red days for every green day.
The market cultures to sell off Tesla d/t continued yoy growth…

Reactions: saniflash
Would you storm the capital? Because Trumps followers will. What do you think Trumps followers will to do Elon if they see him in public.
Calm down. The Jan 6 protest was big because in their eyes there was an important principle at stake, the integrity of elections, aka democracy itself. There’s no principle involved in going after Elon. And Elon has even stated he’s going to vote for Desantis should Biden run again.

So, no, there won’t be Trump crazies going after Elon over this.

Calm down. The Jan 6 protest was big because in their eyes there was an important principle at stake, the integrity of elections, aka democracy itself. There’s no principle involved in going after Elon. And Elon has even stated he’s going to vote for Desantis should Biden run again.

So, no, there won’t be Trump crazies going after Elon over this.
Sorry I was just joking around, I'm calm. My posts have just been in jest. Not taking any of this too seriously. Not trying to get political or wade into any of this Twitter stuff. I'm just lurking around the forums waiting for this bear market to end.

Some more on my thoughts here. About two years ago Charlie Munger was investing in China. As usual, he was doing a lot of due diligence. If Charlie is actually getting out of China, I would be taking that as a very big sign. Just the BYD divestment itself (if they did sell it) isn’t enough of a sign, but if anyone has recently interviewed Charlie and asked him his current views on China…

• Informative
Reactions: WattsHappening
This seems a bit strange. You'd think althe company with 46% of the lithium market would pop going public.