Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 689883
So that suggests that Tesla is confident that they can shift 2170/18650 to this car due to 4680 or scale LFPs greatly then, right?
If this model arrives in 2022 and there is ample battery supply, then tighten your chin strap and buckle your seat belt . . . the past year will be ho-hum compared to what we will see in 2022 and 2023.

If this model arrives in 2022 and there is ample battery supply, then tighten your chin strap and buckle your seat belt . . . the past year will be ho-hum compared to what we will see in 2022 and 2023.

I have a very hard time seeing this news being accurate.......unless Tesla is really downplaying the current chip situation and they expect to be completely past any chip shortages by the beginning of 2022.

Last edited:
Most, but not all, analysts are marketing people for their firm. They adjust their "analysis" according to what kind of companies they are trying to attract to their firm. Positive coverage to try and get the covered company to do business with them, negative coverage to drum up business with competitors or others who are against the covered firm.

Very very unlikely it happens, but if some whales could come in with enough volume to push the stock over 700.....based on the options and there being no more Call options past 700, I could see the stock really picking up steam

More than likely though MM's will do whatever they can to not payout those 690 and 700 Calls. But at least this time with some decent volume, it'll cost them money to do it

Love your 3 picks. I'm a fan of Gene Munster. Maybe a little more conservative, but would rather have that than maybe a Trip Chowdhry...

Ben Kallo btw is married to Melissa Lee of CNBC...

TSLA volume has picked up lately. Yesterday 30mil, today 8.3 mil so far...

Gene Munster's Tesla knowledge is extremely limited. Here's a video from Jan 26 2021 where he reveals that he didn't know where Cybertruck is going to be built and didn't even know Tesla had broken ground in Austin (6:06).

Gene Munster's Tesla knowledge is extremely limited. Here's a video from Jan 26 2021 where he reveals that he didn't know where Cybertruck is going to be built and didn't even know Tesla had broken ground in Austin (6:06).

Yeah Gene is actually pretty misinformed for a Bull and it shows in his interviews a lot of the time. It's like......he knows this is going to be big.....but doesn't actually know why or how.

We still have the problem of where it would be built. It will have to be late in 2022 for any of the GF sites to have completely new buildings up and running to build model 2s. They better start soon if it's gonna be possible.

Unless GF Shanghai has unused space in the current buildings, which we have zero reason to think they do, I doubt it's gonna happen until 2023.

Everyone calm down. I was making a joke. Sarcasm is dead and buried.

Did someone say “sabotage?”

1627657618826.jpeg

I expect as many will get this as got your joke.

What is no joke is this price action. Strength a day after a big gain hasn’t happened for quite a while, and it’s not because of the macros. I think 700 will finally be breached next week (or maybe even today).

This is totally different than what happened after Q1.

Lol watching the ticker this morning is pretty amusing. Really obvious MM's do not want to pay out those 690 Calls and they're playing whack a mole each time it gets to 692. Can't let the stock get too far away from 690 or else they'll have to give it up and then focus on protecting the 700 Calls.

And........there's the consistent sell orders to drop the stock. MM's decided the stock was way too close to the sun for their comfort.

Last edited:
So....Gordo says 'we' are shorting .... but in this video, he says he's a sell side analyst and is not allowed to have a position in stocks he covers.....Outed himself again....can't fix stupid!

On the record!

Shorted, huh? Hope he's having a good day today.

I have a very hard time seeing this news being accurate.......unless Tesla is really downplaying the current chip situation and they expect to be completely past any chip shortages by the beginning of 2022.
Model Y took 9 months from unveil to start of production, so say we get a prototype late 21, that would mean production could start Q4 2022. How long is this chip shortage expected to last globally?

Reactions: Carl Raymond

Perhaps, but he's smart enough to have Matty Mogul and Rob Maurer as his guests. He recommended Apple years back, did very well, also with Zillow.

He did an interview with @DaveT Dave Lee not too long ago, doesn't strike me as a fool.

Finally, a good reason to get up in the morning! What caused the pop?
It was me. I had just sold three options so I could but back two further out in time. As we were $10 above Max pain, I liked my odds (90+%?)of getting a little discount on the second transaction. Not wanting to be too greedy, I decided to wait for a $1 downtick. Then the pop came. You're welcome.

We still have the problem of where it would be built. It will have to be late in 2022 for any of the GF sites to have completely new buildings up and running to build model 2s. They better start soon if it's gonna be possible.

Unless GF Shanghai has unused space in the current buildings, which we have zero reason to think they do, I doubt it's gonna happen until 2023.
Elon did say the goal of Tesla is to be the best at manufacturing.

Why not use the existing lines when you share a lot of the parts with the 3 and Y? Everyone thinks they need more factories when they stated at Battery Day the way they designed factories is like 8-10 factories in the same footprint, if I recall correctly.

And sandbagging is better now than giving optimistic forecasts. It’s just better for everyone. 😁

Some perspective associated with the "chip" shortage....
50 years ago this is what we all thought of when were heard a discussion about Chips.
Before that the only chips I knew about were potato.

And if we fast forward to 1999 when I had to take my 1988 Dodge Colt into the service department because I was perplexed as to what was going on under the hood...
It wasn't under the hood. It was the "computer" under the passenger seat had "gone bad." I didn't believe them. I had no idea my 1988 car had a computer????????? (That was the year I realised I could no longer fix my car.) $500 for a new computer!!! Did I really need it?
Being old, like almost all of you, It worries me that my big old truck can be stopped dead in its tracks just because some nano-wire embedded in some glass goes bad (actually my computer buddies tell me it is the solder joints that go bad, and virtually never the components.), But here we are...
Chips controlling the world in more ways than one.

Reactions: AZRI11
Most, but not all, analysts are marketing people for their firm. They adjust their "analysis" according to what kind of companies they are trying to attract to their firm. Positive coverage to try and get the covered company to do business with them, negative coverage to drum up business with competitors or others who are against the covered firm.
True. As an example, JPMorgan is invested in Argo AI and it's IPO is coming up soon.