Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really don't see any headwinds for tesla at all. Take your eyes off the stock price, imagine its still 850. Now rationally tell me why the stock should take a hit?
The factory build in texas is going great, the Berlin factory is going great. China is still very supportive of tesla. There is a whole new lineup of battery innovations currently being rolled out (tabless, structural battery pack, 4680s Dry electrode), They are apparently filming a new ad for the imminent ramp up of tesla semi production. S&X got their refresh and nobody will be waiting any longer to upgrade.
*takes a breath*
Biden has a very pro-EV agenda, the UK has to show some pro-EV sentiment this year as we are hosting the next climate summit. (both our transport minister and the heir to the throne drive teslas for crying out loud...).
*takes another breath*
The volkswagen ID4... is getting very negative sentiment on its tech. The ID3 has mostly been sold to... VW dealerships. None of the other 'tesla killers' has made a dent anywhere...

I cannot see any reason, outside of irrational macro-wobbles, that anybody would be selling TSLA now. During the Model3 rampup.... yeah maybe. but now? Ha no.

In other words, the stock should be $850-1,000. It seems a lof of 'analysts' (lol) and media types disagree, and some very nervous people have sold their stock recently. Ha. Who cares. They will regret doing so massively.
I have a lot of tesla stock. If I sold it now, I'd deeply regret it in 6 months, let alone a year. Just Hold. Its consistently proven to be the best strategy with this stock.

Not too confident in FSD rolling out to 100,000s of cars that exposes people’s friends to it?

Or a ramp ahead of schedule of new battery tech?

Or energy sector showing huge growth?

None of that may happen or it may happen but not give a tailwind. But I think all three of those are more likely to give a tailwind that production numbers. Those are all 0 => 1 innovation leaps vs just bringing another production line in another factory to make an existing product
I was thinking about this a lot this weekend, and so my informal analysis has to do with how vulnerable Tesla is to other narratives because far too many people don't understand the advantages. FSD rollout will be impressive, but I would argue that the negative FUD that competitors and haters use to sew doubts will be heard as well.... However, once someone rides in the car, clicks on FSD, or sees the car pick up a passenger in front of a grocery store.... it's only a matter of time before FSD ease of deployment and grace will cause a reckoning the likes which we have never seen.

In other words, when my wife (without Buttershrimp's nagging) uses Autopilot for the first time (nope, she hasn't used it yet, she must want to learn.... I will not teach the wonders of science to the ignorant), then the stock price will go up exponentially.

I really don't see any headwinds for tesla at all. Take your eyes off the stock price, imagine its still 850. Now rationally tell me why the stock should take a hit?
The factory build in texas is going great, the Berlin factory is going great. China is still very supportive of tesla. There is a whole new lineup of battery innovations currently being rolled out (tabless, structural battery pack, 4680s Dry electrode), They are apparently filming a new ad for the imminent ramp up of tesla semi production. S&X got their refresh and nobody will be waiting any longer to upgrade.
*takes a breath*
Biden has a very pro-EV agenda, the UK has to show some pro-EV sentiment this year as we are hosting the next climate summit. (both our transport minister and the heir to the throne drive teslas for crying out loud...).
*takes another breath*
The volkswagen ID4... is getting very negative sentiment on its tech. The ID3 has mostly been sold to... VW dealerships. None of the other 'tesla killers' has made a dent anywhere...

I cannot see any reason, outside of irrational macro-wobbles, that anybody would be selling TSLA now. During the Model3 rampup.... yeah maybe. but now? Ha no.

In other words, the stock should be $850-1,000. It seems a lof of 'analysts' (lol) and media types disagree, and some very nervous people have sold their stock recently. Ha. Who cares. They will regret doing so massively.
I have a lot of tesla stock. If I sold it now, I'd deeply regret it in 6 months, let alone a year. Just Hold. Its consistently proven to be the best strategy with this stock.
I don't believe real headwinds exist.... I'm simply saying that stock price will underperform reality for a while in my opinion. SP will only matter if it affects Tesla's ability to execute what is in the pipe stream.

Last edited:
Reactions: Words of HABIT
This dip is just the typical rotation move on steroids. XOM back @ $300B market cap? Come on.

Rates are going to revert because there is still TOO MUCH LIQUIDITY in the world. I feel like this is the Gamestop short interest argument all over again and people are parroting that the short position has been covered. It's hasn't. You know how I know? Because I'm looking at it.

If we somehow correct all the way back to $2,300.....I'm selling all my shares and converting to 2023 LEAPs.

Reminder that Tesla was at 180 feb 20 last year.
Then it slid to 80 by March 17 starting with a massive sell off where it looked like some stop losses triggered in series right before market close with less than 5 minutes to go.
It was back up to 160 by April 29.

On august 31 it was 498.
Sept 8 it was at 330 following 20% AH drop in one day when s and p 500 inclusion didn’t happen when expected.
It was back at 440 by sept 17.

It’s very much a terrifying ride that’s just Tesla. And all things considered for what Tesla has lined up for this year this is potentially the most exciting year for the company since the successfully mass produced the model s.

There’s a 3 month backlog for the id.3 in Europe. Production is increasing and currently at 800 per day. Deliveries in China of the ID.4 will start this month. 300k production capacity. MY is 35% more expensive.

So here we are, sitting round $3,000 when we know $5,000 is on the near horizon. What's everyone's favorite call expiration and why?

I'm thinking of letting this go another couple weeks then buying calls @ Sep and Jan expirations just to try and leverage the irrational tech dip and a 10yr treasury reversal. Any good reason to push it out further or look at something like Aug? What's your favorite trigger event on the horizon?

I have 4 dates currently. March 23 (farthest out possible) and Jan 23 (similar). July 21 This is as close to a yolo as I like to do. I figure that's enough time to get the EV bill passed for sure and for Americans to be over covid and partying hard in the summer. Also I added some June 2022 because that's the earliest expiry that I'm completely confident where Cybertruck and FSD will be rolled out in large numbers by. March/Jan 2022 seemed a little aggressive.

There’s a 3 month backlog for the id.3 in Europe. Production is increasing and currently at 800 per day. Deliveries in China of the ID.4 will start this month. 300k production capacity. MY is 35% more expensive.
What backlog?
1615246742799.png

Last edited:
BTW...

GREEN EGGS AND SPAC .... the tweet from our OverLord.

Think he was referring to this SPAC merger. Ever seen what one of these polymetallic modules looks like?

I know he wants the metals, and this may well be the best way to get them. Lesser evil as it were....

Lol kengchang already beat me but all it took was 2 months into 2021 and VW has already been exposed. Their "backlog" is a bunch of hot air.

Apparently you haven't been following the reports of dealers flooded with ID3 that they're not selling

Thanks for your thoughts. This has been weighing on my mind. Frankly, I am spending more time thinking about the possible impact of ARK redemptions than the usual, inherent ups and downs of TSLA.

not advice! Just my two cents!

I think Cathie and her team have a strong enough experience to know that stocks like these drop a buttload sometimes and to plan accordingly. She said she was surprised at how few redemptions they have had. This suggests they modeled for more than they are having suggesting even if there was a sudden wave of redemptions they would be prepared to handle it without much impact.