Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get the message. Bye, bye TMC. :(
I come here to gather in 5 minutes all the info, analysis, news on Tesla because I have limited time with work, research, calls, family, training, etc... Your post was useful to me, as many of your posts are. Keep posting useful info for the people who appreciate it.

unhappy people could just skip your post in less than 2 seconds, instead of taking 5 minutes to respond to your post they did not like. Don’t worry.

Curt has got to go. Everybody knows I’m the head of GB’s fan club here on TMC. Curt cant just roll in here and take my job. I need this job after this past week.
He has been slacking on publishing these ATH celebration videos as well. Maybe a probation period would be a good thing. Unless Curt publishes one of those videos in the next month we'll have to find someone that does the job better. ;)

I get the message. Bye, bye TMC. :(
And the many other "Don't leave Kurt" similar responses in support of Kurt - totally AGREE, Kurt must stay:
1/ His contributions are invaluable esp the technical analysis part, and the old style trading experience - like it or not, however much TSLA is a unique stock, it still obeys some of the weird technical voodo parts of the markets, if only because many traders make it a self fulfilling prophecy.
2/ As regards Gary Black being re quoted here, why not? I 've gotten excellent trading tips (selling covered calls) at some point on Twitter, and his macro analysis however WS oriented is useful if only to let us know what mainstream WS analysis is like. I WISH I'd used his shorty attitude to lock in some of my gains at the ATH, altho it is contrary to my HODLing re TSLA.

PS/ OT. Wishing I could figure out how to get a bright CS type to help sort the noise out from the overflow of posts.

For fun, I tried steering my M3P (Sport steering option selected) as if it had a yoke. Pretty difficult. I assume the new S will have some kind of variable steering sensitivity that gives a significant boost for larger angles.
I was following a couple of motorcycles today and thinking of this, when I realized lock to lock on a. Motorcycle is about 90 degrees. They don’t have any trouble even at over 100 mph. I think we’ll be fine.

I was following a couple of motorcycles today and thinking of this, when I realized lock to lock on a. Motorcycle is about 90 degrees. They don’t have any trouble even at over 100 mph. I think we’ll be fine.
Not a valid comparison, cars don't lean to turn. A motorcycle turns by driving the wheels out from under the center of gravity, causing it to fall into a lean in the opposite direction. You actually steer right to go left, but never actually think about it once muscle memory gets the hang of it.

Still, on a steer by wire system it is only a matter of adaptive software that adjusts how much the wheels turn in response to the yoke for different scenarios. (highway, city streets, parking, etc.)

Jeremy is right. TSLA will not be the best performer going forward, not even close. But, returns are not everything. If I can only pick one company to put money in before getting hit by a bus, what is it gonna be?
Plus I can think of at least one guy who became the richest man on Earth by making it a better place instead of pursuing money. I’ll go where he goes.
Except Tesla will continue to be his best performer going forward..lol.

His other picks doubled at most. And his planet 13 was pumped by him on his channel(he literally said how people hope he can do a video about it so the stock can go up the next day).

His other picks consist of wynn and carnival but just broken even on them today. He used to talk up Apple but sold them before the 5g super cycle/stock split.

So yeah the guy talks about x5 like he has a lot of those but realistically the only thing he has that did this is Tesla. I remember his video trashing AMD at 12 bucks..would have been another x5 but he was too busy buying gopro. He is a value investor at heart and just randomly throw darts at growth companies.

Curt, assuming you are seeing this post... it was not request for you to leave. Sorry for causing that reaction. Please don't leave :)

Okay, in response to all of the kind private TMC conversations and posts in this forum, I’m back. Rather than immediately joining a battle and defending Gary Black and my posts of his tweets, I hoped that by leaving, others would take up the mantle. They did.

I suggest that Gary Black’s objectors fully read his tweets of recent days. He has a rather sound understanding of what affects the TSLA share price: https://twitter.com/garyblack00/with_replies

Regarding complaints that Gary is not a TMC member: He has over 60,000 Twitter followers. I only have 204 on Twitter and 60 on TMC.

Of course Gary is a fellow Chicagoan, so I have a little bias there. Meanwhile, I recommend reading his impressive Linked-In résumé: https://www.linkedin.com/public-pro...issionId=95538085-d4c0-6716-6dd1-5f2e0b1dd54b

A shorter version is at the top of his Twitter feed.

And here is my tweeted response to one of Gary's tweets today. Feel free to give my tweet a like, if you like: https://twitter.com/CurtRenz/status/1365808049429045249

Last edited:
Out of the blue, my mother-in-law who loves to give advice (is that redundant?) talked about tesla and upon hearing we have "some" stock said sell because competition is coming. I had a mask on but forgot that doesn't hide an eye roll. Haven't taken her advise in 15 years so I think I'll keep that streak going.

Edit: I will add it came up because of the Texas power grid, someone told her cyber trucks can be used to power your house in a black out. I was saying all week, Tesla is going to gain so much from this whole mess. Also yes Mom, I've heard of the cybertruck when asked if I've heard of it.

Last edited:
Out of the blue, my mother-in-law who loves to give advice (is that redundant?) talked about tesla and upon hearing we have "some" stock said sell because competition is coming. I had a mask on but forgot that doesn't hide an eye roll. Haven't taken her advise in 15 years so I think I'll keep that streak going.

Yeah, my sister-in-law is an investment manager and told be to cash out at Christmas. I chose not to.

Although, given recent events...

Okay, in response to all of the kind private TMC conversations and posts in this forum, I’m back. Rather than immediately joining a battle and defending Gary Black and my posts of his comments, I hoped that by leaving, others would take up the mantle. They did. I suggest that Gary Black’s objectors fully read his tweets of recent days. He has a rather sound understanding of what affects the TSLA share price.

Of course Gary is a fellow Chicagoan, so I have a little bias there. Meanwhile, I recommend reading his Linked-In résumé: https://www.linkedin.com/public-pro...issionId=95538085-d4c0-6716-6dd1-5f2e0b1dd54b

And here is my tweeted response to one of Gary's tweets today: https://twitter.com/CurtRenz/status/1365808049429045249

I think the objective lesson that can be learned from all this by all is that Gary Black (and some TMC members) are not perma-bulls.

If they see something that makes them want to sell, we have to expect that they might.

Tesla is always going to be a straight line up every day.

Of course you take your chances when you sell...

It's ok to trade. Just do not short and distort - I hope this isn't something Gary would do.

Agreed but parallel parking requirements might be somewhat be different.
But come to think of it I always avoid having to parallel park ( wait my Tesla can parallel park all by it's self I just have to remember how to use it).
What ever the steering wheel , I hope we get our new Model S soon...

Okay, in response to all of the kind private TMC conversations and posts in this forum, I’m back. Rather than immediately joining a battle and defending Gary Black and my posts of his tweets, I hoped that by leaving, others would take up the mantle. They did.

I suggest that Gary Black’s objectors fully read his tweets of recent days. He has a rather sound understanding of what affects the TSLA share price: https://twitter.com/garyblack00/with_replies

Regarding complaints that Gary is not a TMC member: He has over 60,000 Twitter followers. I only have 204 on Twitter and 60 on TMC.

Of course Gary is a fellow Chicagoan, so I have a little bias there. Meanwhile, I recommend reading his impressive Linked-In résumé: https://www.linkedin.com/public-pro...issionId=95538085-d4c0-6716-6dd1-5f2e0b1dd54b

And here is my tweeted response to one of Gary's tweets today. Feel free to give my tweet a like, if you like: https://twitter.com/CurtRenz/status/1365808049429045249

Thanks for the link Curt. I unfollowed when Gary sold out of his position so loudly. I forgot to put a follow on him after I saw that he’s “long TSLA again”. FYI you now have 209 Twitter followers; of which I am one.

I believe it’s disingenuous to assume that Gary will not see the same gains on his investments that he’s seen in the past. I don’t claim to be a stock market expert; but I believe in some ways that gives me an advantage.

Companies that have been ruthlessly innovative in markets that change the world, and have genius visionary leadership, can have limitless success.

I know it’s been pointed out by others on this forum; but i’ll take this opportunity to reiterate that, we need not look further than standard oil, Microsoft, and Apple to find companies that have far and away overachieved their potential due to world changing disruptions.

Holding stock can be challenging, profit taking is easy. Finding one-in-a-million businesses and holding with real conviction is what creates TRUE wealth.

I do hope that our short term fortune reverses; but it is a daily struggle to maintain focus on that which matters most...Elon and his team are making this world a better place for us and our children. We are fortunate to be benefiting financially as well.

Thanks to you all for your contributions to this forum which make seeing the vision quite easy.

Rant complete.

(Glad you're sticking around @Curt Renz. I learn a lot from your posts and am just starting in on your book.)

Weekend OT about my most recent Tesla purchase. I walked into the kitchen this morning with my back turned to my toddler. He immediately started pointing and laughing at me. (Now, I expect this to happen often when he's a bit older, but I was hoping he would respect me a bit more for now.) I turned to face him and he stopped. This happened two more times until I remembered I was wearing this...
7652410-00-A_1.jpg

Turns out all of my Tesla purchases can bring a smile to my face... not just the car.