Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure we even know what Dojo is at this point. In his interview with Lex Fridman yesterday, Jim Keller said that Tesla had pivoted a few times on Dojo since he left and he was interested in seeing what they came up with. Explains the seeming delay of Dojo. Also relevant discussion related to offering Dojo to others as a general solution. See 1:23:45.

Damn, just what I thought. Nvidia based FSD hardware is destined to fail. I did a rough calculation on Tesla's FSD chip and it's peanuts compared to Nvidia's solution, plus the amount of cooling is needed to make it work. Jim in this video agrees that Nvidia needs a hard pivot or else it'll not be competitive.

Guys this video is a much watch. A good 30% of the video is on Tesla's FSD and the competition.

In case you're wondering "why $780?" yes, the SP is caught between two 'Options Walls': (look at the "Open Interest" (OI) amounts at each Strike Price below)

TSLA.Open-Interest.2021-02-19.15-50.png

Cheers!

After pulling into the lead early in the first half, the home team sputtered during the remainder of the game and was not able to make any meaningful comebacks, resulting in a second consecutive loss heading into the weekend. Maybe some R&R over the weekend will help the home team regain some momentum.

2021 Season stats
Record : 19-14
Total points in wins : 385.88
Total points in losses : -310.25
YTD gain/loss : 75.63 ( +10.72% )
Avg points per win : 20.31
Avg points per loss : -22.16
Best W : 63.98 on 1/8/21
Worst L : -68.83 on 1/11/21
Last 10 : 5-5
Streak : L2

Lol, can not agree though! Today's VWAP was higher than yesterday and Tuesday, and we never touched the Lower-BB at any point throughout the day (including the Pre-market session). Next week, the 50-day Moving Avg crosses above the Lower-BB (supportive).

For today, there were 1.125M open contracts (monthly expirations) - that's HUGE btw. :eek:

Max-Pain for next week is $800 and there are just206K open contracts expiring next Friday (as of 7 a.m. this morning) - much less incentive for MMs to intervene in the Close.

Therefore, Imma call the bottom* right now. :D

Cheers!

*not advice

Some analyst is predicting that bitcoin will hit $4M in next 18-24 months. Hmmm. That would make Tesla's $1.5B investment worth over $150B and all of bitcoin worth about $100T. Uh, I don't see that happening. Not sure where people come up with these numbers.

It would also make Satoshis bitcoin holdings worth 6 trillion making him the richest man on the planet at a magnitude that would make the ultrarich look poor. And one that he could liquidate pretty easily unlike Musk and Bezos.

Last edited:
Reactions: kbM3
Some analyst is predicting that bitcoin will hit $4M in next 18-24 months. Hmmm. That would make Tesla's $1.5B investment worth over $150B and all of bitcoin worth about $100T. Uh, I don't see that happening. Not sure where people come up with these numbers.
My analysis concludes that bitcoin will not hit $4M in the next 2 years. I spent just as much time with this analysis as that analyst probably did. :D

After-action Report: Fri, Feb 19, 2021: (Pre+Main Session Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Disconnects from Lower-BB"

Pre-Market:
Volume: 410,244
SP High $802.67
SP Low $782.69​

Main Session:

Traded: $14,650,091,881.99 ($14.65B)
Volume: 18,645,200
VWAP: $785.73

Close: $781.30 / VWAP: 99.44%
TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP
TSLA MaxPain (7:00 A.M.): $760 (N/C from Thu)​

TSLA S&P 500 Weight: 1.806757% (Feb 18)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / FB $749.934B / $744.837B = 100.86%
NB: Yahoo & Google have updated Mkt Cap re 10-K shares (Feb 10, 2021)

CEO Comp. Status: (est'd Mkt Cap including 10-K (Feb 01) shares)

TSLA 30-day Closing Avg Market Cap: $800.54B
TSLA 6-mth Closing Avg Market Cap: $545.25B

Mkt Cap req'd for 8th tranche ($450B) likely achieved Tue, Jan 19, 2021
Mkt Cap req'd for 9th tranche ($500B) likely achieved Wed, Feb 03, 2021
Nota Bene: Operational milestones req'd (chart at link).
'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 43.3% (43rd Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short / Total Volume = 58.5% (55th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt ratio was 0.60% of Short Volume (47th Percentile Rank Exempt)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2021-02-19.png

Comment: "Light volume bumps into Options wall"

QOTD: @ZeApelido "Buy Bolivia"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

The same people who think Tesla will be a 50T company by 2030, way too much of hyping going on in the market these days lol.

People get carried away. If it hits 4 million in 2 years I'll buy every single person in my family a Tesla, even the dogs. It's like the folks thinking TSLA will get 20k+ (post split). We will all be stupid rich when TSLA hits 6k so let's not dream too high.

Thats not some random analyst, but Trip Chowdhry, a guy who is a massive tesla bull. He asked elon some questions at battery day. Personally I think this prediction is absolutely insane, and makes me cast doubt on anything else he says.
I really wish Tesla had never gone anywhere near bitcoin. It associates an environmentally-positive company with gratuitous energy waste, AND with hype and tulip-mania style stock-pumping.

There are an alarming number of tesla bulls (gali, rob m, now trip) wh are also gung-ho on bitcoin. I'll be totally honest, it dents my faith in the company, and the argument for its stock price.
When (and its when, not if), governments take steps to prevent the growth of bitcoin, it will crash down and and teslas balance sheet will take a totally needless hit.