Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Porsche unveils 2.1MW mobile Turbocharging.

Deiss should have called Elon to hook him up with some solar panels for the roof.

Even if it wasn't for significant practical purposes, the optics alone would be helpful.

Porsche unveils awesome 2.1 MWh Megapack-like mobile charging system for electric cars - Electrek
Solar could at least power the vehicle itself.

Porsche is smart here. Lots of die hards love racing. The Taycan's range is too low to make it usable for the track IMO so the ability to provide this mobile fast charging for track events is a great idea.

If they didn't roll out something like that Taycan owners would only be able to manage the trip to and from the track plus 5 laps.
I wonder how many they've built? (1 probably).
If that. My closest track is a 40 minute drive. The closest SC is about 10 miles from the track itself. What I do is leave my home at 100%, get to the SC and charge to 95% or so, and then rent an RV outlet to top off between sessions. 3 sessions and I have enough to get home with some spare (topping off in between using 30 amps)

After-action Report: Wed, Sep 16, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Consolidates on Below Avg Volume"

Traded: $32,544,563,684.32 ($32.56B)
Volume: 72,861,536
VWAP: $446.66

Close $441.76 / VWAP: 98.89%
(TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = $411.636B / $186.941B = 220.20%​

TSLA 1-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $380.83B
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $216.56B
Nota Bene: 3rd tranche of CEO comp. unlocked as of Fri, Sep 04, 2020

'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 61.6% (62nd Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short/Total Volume = 38.3% (44th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 0.79% of Short Volume (47th Percentile Rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-09-16.png

Comment: "Today's VWAP was actually higher than yesterday's"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

Agreed. I read the article and that is what was glaring to me... That Daimler smugly says "Daimler has not received a Notice of Violation (NOV) from the EPA or the CARB during this process," AND "As stated in the consent decrees and the class action settlement, the company denies the authorities' allegations as well as the class action plaintiffs' claims and does not admit any liability to the United States, California, plaintiffs, or otherwise,"

I'm glad they were caught and fined, but why in the world would they agree to letting them completely LIE about their unethical choices? Seems like consumers ought to better understand the type of companies they are giving their money to if you really want to change the behavior.
I'm guessing someone's getting a very nice campaign contribution shortly. Corporations are people my friend (except they can never go to jail and could live forever).

No S or X in Stanford either...

View attachment 588825
As promised, an update from San Diego University Towne Center...

The showroom has moved into what used to be the Apple Store; I wasn't aware of this, having not gone to a shopping center for about 6 months. It had a 3 and an S. The guy who helped me order a solar roof said that just last week the center management imposed a limit of two cars, and they had to be kept locked, claiming COVID; last week they had 5 cars in there. Out where they have the cars for test drives there were lots of 3s and Ys, one S and two Xs. So I think you could walk in and buy an S or X...

I've been thinking there's a good chance this will be unveiled on Battery Day.

I think Elon was really upset about how Autonomy Day was received and is going to go all out to make sure Battery Day blows the roof off. Aside from that Battery Day will have the world's attention so it makes sense to unveil as much as possible at that time.

I think Plaid Model S/(X?) with interior refresh unveil is a sure thing, which no analysts/media seem to be expecting.

I don't think we'll see much of the usual short attack after Battery Day, not with P/D report coming 10 days later and the sword of s&p hanging over their heads.
I hope the HVAC system from Tesla comes soon. Mine has been on more then last legs for a couple years. I may need to miss out if not literally this year or next at latest.

Reactions: willow_hiller
As promised, an update from San Diego University Towne Center...

The showroom has moved into what used to be the Apple Store; I wasn't aware of this, having not gone to a shopping center for about 6 months. It had a 3 and an S. The guy who helped me order a solar roof said that just last week the center management imposed a limit of two cars, and they had to be kept locked, claiming COVID; last week they had 5 cars in there. Out where they have the cars for test drives there were lots of 3s and Ys, one S and two Xs. So I think you could walk in and buy an S or X...
What a joykill. I liked the refresh theory better.

While I’m eagerly anticipating Tesla HVAC, I hope folks aren’t getting their hopes up for a Battery Day reveal. As recently as a few weeks ago, Elon tweeted that he really wants to do it, but unless he was sand-bagging for a big reveal, that sounds to me like it’s not something they have had bandwidth for at the moment.

It’s possible designs and ideas have been kicked around, and it’s also possible Battery Day tech has applications for HVAC, so it could get a mention.

Our hopes and dreams and speculation tend to turn these events into sell-the-news events. It’s a big enough deal if Tesla simply addresses how it intends to supply batteries for 20M vehicles/yr. All the other exciting things people hope for just tend to drown out the real achievement and produce disappointment.

Sorry but I'm not going to spend my day going back through weekly posts. I'm sure there's enough people on this board that clearly remember the trading action throughout the months of April, May, June, where the closing price on Fridays was accurately predicted many times. Sometimes 2-3 weeks in a row.

don’t forget Feb 4th - nothing in the world will convince me that what happened that day and the following days was not blatant manipulation
Here is link to @Papafox post that day.

[URL="https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/4451239/"]Papafox's Daily TSLA Trading Charts[/URL]

While I’m eagerly anticipating Tesla HVAC, I hope folks aren’t getting their hopes up for a Battery Day reveal. As recently as a few weeks ago, Elon tweeted that he really wants to do it, but unless he was sand-bagging for a big reveal, that sounds to me like it’s not something they have had bandwidth for at the moment.

It’s possible designs and ideas have been kicked around, and it’s also possible Battery Day tech has applications for HVAC, so it could get a mention.

Our hopes and dreams and speculation tend to turn these events into sell-the-news events. It’s a big enough deal if Tesla simply addresses how it intends to supply batteries for 20M vehicles/yr. All the other exciting things people hope for just tend to drown out the real achievement and produce disappointment.

Oh the flip side of that coin. When he was on Joe Rogan in 2018, Joe said "I heard you're working on an air conditioner". Elon said "I can't comment on future products" and then followed up by downplaying that it's simply a Nest thermostat kind of thing.

Also, "ahh man I'd love to work on a new Roadster but we've got to get the bread and butter cars done first"
....Roadster 2 unveils at the next event. lol

Oh the flip side of that coin. When he was on Joe Rogan in 2018, Joe said "I heard you're working on an air conditioner". Elon said "I can't comment on future products" and then followed up by downplaying that it's simply a Nest thermostat kind of thing.

Also, "ahh man I'd love to work on a new Roadster but we've got to get the bread and butter cars done first"
....Roadster 2 unveils at the next event. lol

I hear all that. I’m not saying it’s impossible. I’m as guilty as anyone of hoping for lots of big things out of reveals. But I think, especially after Elon gave credibility to retail investors, there’s a path from fun speculation within the Tesla investor community to Tesla focused blogs and YouTubers to slightly more mainstream media and analysts. Then you have yahoos like Cramer hyping up what they’ve heard without any real understanding and it’s a perfect setup for the second D in FUDD (disappointment).

I hear all that. I’m not saying it’s impossible. I’m as guilty as anyone of hoping for lots of big things out of reveals. But I think, especially after Elon gave credibility to retail investors, there’s a path from fun speculation within the Tesla investor community to Tesla focused blogs and YouTubers to slightly more mainstream media and analysts. Then you have yahoos like Cramer hyping up what they’ve heard without any real understanding and it’s a perfect setup for the second D in FUDD (disappointment).

Battery Day was going to be Battery+Power-train Day, it is now mostly batteries as there is probably lots to show and tell on batteries....

Like many I expect Plaid Model S, because the product is strongly tied to batteries and we have had hints...

I think they are working on a HVAC, but we don't know if it is ready for a reveal.... like you I find it hard to imagine it being squeezed into Battery Day..

I don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist about the electrek reporting of the battery cell. It contains almost no important information and hasn't spoiled any battery day surprises at all. All electrek posted was pictures of a battery 4 x as large as that currently used, and supposedly a "tabless" design.

This tells us nothing about the cost to produce, the type of pack it will be used in and its cost, the energy density, weight, charging time, thermal properties, expected longevity, and what sort of production capacity Tesla has now and how much they expect to have in future, and what these new batteries will be going into, and when, and where.

Last edited:
don’t forget Feb 4th - nothing in the world will convince me that what happened that day and the following days was not blatant manipulation
Here is link to @Papafox post that day.

Papafox's Daily TSLA Trading Charts
Seriously? @Papafox explicitly views the world (at least for posting purposes on this site) as a battle between good and evil (longs and shorts in case it isn't obvious). Using any of his posts as evidence that TSLA gyrations are actually a battle between good and evil is disturbingly self-referential.

And no, a cascade of stop losses is not unknown and doesn't require an evil overlord to set in motion. And talking about a day where TSLA was up 13.7% as downward manipulation is kinda funny.

Futures have turned very negative.

We are most definitely crack addicted to daily market gains lol.

Futures down half a percentage point. Wouldn’t say very negative, but all about perspective I guess.

Think choppy market for a while is healthy overall. Allows it to really ramp to the next leg when it clears up. QQQs seemed to hit a triple top at 280 yesterday. Need to clean out some technicals to the downside before retest.