Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Boring Co's real potential is beyond stratospheric; under the surface of Mars.
Don’t get me wrong. The importance of the Boring Company and it’s tunnels on Earth and off is hard to overstate.

It’s just not quite as a big an investment opportunity in itself (in its current formulation as I understand it) as the other companies mentioned (or would be if we could invest in any of them :().

You’ve got to hand it to Musk: The man doesn’t just think big, he thinks ginormous. :)

The shorts don’t factor in this is the 57th successful Landing, do they doubt he can pull other rabbits out of his hat with a highly skilled workforce and determination.
F29E8214-B644-49F9-86CF-D7249C8AB836.jpeg

The difference between Tesla and Microsoft, Apple, Facebook and even potentials mentioned like SpaceX and others is that if you bought into them early on you had to be convinced not only that they would do everything right but that the market they were in would be created. Their markets didn't really exist. That everyone would have a computer (or five), that everyone (almost) would use some social media, that (almost) everyone would have a smartphone etc etc.

With Tesla, it was all about if they could create cars that were good enough to take over an existing market. We already know there is around 80 million cars sold every year.

Many (most) seemed to see that as a negative. That existing competitors would be able to easily squeeze out new competitors. I saw it as an advantage. All the others are slowed down by their existing products.

So as a company Tesla is much more rare but also was easier to see (for us at least). Maybe not in 2013 when failure to come up with the product (car) was probably a real concern, but certainly after Model 3 it was easy to see.

I think it will be very hard to find a company that will change such a big existing market in the way Tesla already has.
Indeed. It is virtually impossible to break into the automobile market.

Tesla did so and what few realize is that it is so changing the market that the legacy OEM’s will themselves need to break into this changed automobile market. Yet, few if any of these have the wherewithal to do so.

Last edited:
You know what amazes me about this? Those TSLAQ cretins have access to the exact same information and have dug into this company as deeply as we have. Hell, they probably follow this forum. Yet they’ve managed to come to exactly the wrong conclusions.

Because their “first principle” is that EVs suck and surely nobody wants one. They can’t unlearn that.

I hereby announce that I'm having a skin cancer cut out on Friday 8am PDT. I claim all credit for the resulting short squeeze.

I have a dentist cleaning appointment tomorrow morning. Should I have all my teeth capped with platinum and diamonds glued on, or would it be better to have them all pulled out and go for dentures?

There are cracks in the Tesla story: CFRA senior equity analyst

There are cracks in the Tesla story: CFRA senior equity analyst

At least he has a better price target than that loser Jonas :)

TL;DW -- eviscerate his bearish points at your leisure:

"View as story stock...think shares have gotten ahead of underlying fundamentals...lowered price of Model Y debuted in March; secondly, big drop in registrations reported in CA...a lot of speculative buying from retail investors, which is never a good sign, and the short interest has come down to 7.5% from 23%...a lot of recent move caused by major short squeeze...entering major CapEx cycle - $3B from only $1.3B last year - because of factory construction in Germany and US."

"We think now's a good time to take profits...there's been a lot of buying ahead of S&P 500 inclusion...no guarantee that they will post a GAAP profit, and if they don't, watch out below..."

"[During earnings call, will be] watching for GAAP profitability...factory construction updates..."