Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are so many buttons on the center console.....Ewwww. Looks cluttered.

Porsche-Taycan-interior.jpg
Is that a Tach I see on the dash?
lol

Got to say I am really impressed about TSLA performance today - with indices down 2%, on a usual day stock would have been down 4%, and yet we are up 1%. This is like 5% up on flat macro. And this doesn´t even take into account option expiry today and the fact that stock jumped 10% just yesterday. Seems like the bears have lost all their courage (at least for now).

TSLA is the new safe-haven stock in times of macro-market troubles. ;)

That looked like some desperation buying at the end of the trading day.

Anyone else thinks it might be the beginning of a short-squeeze?

Brokerages normally allow 2 to 5 days before the enforcement of margin calls, depending on each client's circumstances. So next week could be quite interesting. :cool:

And for every dollar it goes down, it would perform worse.

Also, I believe in speaking accurately (or at least attempting to). In this light, it's not what direction you "believe" the stock will go that determines the better course of action - it's what direction the stock actually goes (which, of course, no one knows with certainty). So the best course of action is not knowable. It may seem that I am splitting hairs here, but I'm not. Because it's really a matter of probabilities around risk/reward. So, just because you think it's more likely than not to be going up, doesn't imply one should take the higher risk option.

Playing with options is a lot like playing poker - if you don't have a good sense of the odds, you will, over time, get killed. If life were all about making money, and not about living, I would do a lot better to take a lot more and a lot bigger option positions more often. Because I have a proven ability to buy/sell profitable options. But making money is not my primary goal in life. Those who have just become enamored with watching their net worth soar might want to chill out for a while and regroup. :) I recommend contemplating this:

Keanu Reeves rarely talks about money — but when he does, it's life-changing

Great insight. Which is why I am offering you, StealthP3D, a once in a lifetime opportunity to donate $100,000 to my "Human Fund".

Proceeds go to me.

This, BTW, is huge. The amount of money required to misinform and lie, with huge impact, is remarkably small.

Details on how The Evils are playing the planet-risking game below.
(WARNING: If you have a pulse, these links will likely make your blood boil.)

I also highly recommend the Drilled podcast to learn more about the misinformation campaign. Fantastic series.

What I've always wondered though is if the oil companies were/are spending big dollars on manipulating Tesla stock as many suggest, why didn't they go all in when Tesla was vulnerable? Instead they were content to drop it a few dollars, then let it rise back up again and repeat. At present, I don't think they could kill it via the stock market, but why not while they had the chance? Did they really believe it would never succeed? If so, then why even try to manipulate its stock in the first place? This has always left me a little perplexed.

Yes I needed the SUV style as I'm a professional musician and I'm always putting gear in and out of the car .... a trunk is really a pain in the neck ... and back!

Also, like most people these days we like to sit a little higher and the SUV form factor is really what we are used to as this point as this car will replace our Mazda CX9. We considered waiting for the optional 3rd row but I think it won't really be that useful and there are only a handful of times we will need it ....

Cool, what instrument(s) and genres?

I'm an unprofessional musician myself, have been destroying basslines for the last 40 years...

Reactions: Off Shore
while I do appreciate EV positive articles sometimes they go a bit too positive, right into what appears to be fantasy land. The electrek article on the Taycan said that 64 kWh cost them $30 at Electrify America, but would cost most people $3 to $6 when charging at home. In the comments he justifies his claim of residential charging cost with $0.05 to $0.10 per kWh in Florida. That sounds a bit... low. I'm in the midwest and have reasonable rates (mine is ~$0.09 / kWh) so I did a quick search for Florida and apparently the average is $0.1142, higher than his range. Hmm.... Also, supposedly, the approximate range of residential electricity in the US is $0.0837 to $0.3734. So his range of cost brackets the lowest residential rate?

Is solar uptake so high in Florida it warrants discounting the utility rate when making this kind of comment? Or is he misrepresenting utility rates? If the later it does no good for EVs.

edit: forgot link Florida Electricity Rates

• Informative
Reactions: imherkimer