Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon will soon be able to vest 1.7 million shares, when the SP hits 555. How will that affect the stock price? Is it a dilution?
Tesla-CEO-Elon-Musk-Performance-Award-e1516720893456-1024x839.jpg

NB: This IS on topic. For the health of all of you.

I did not spend the entire day glued to the stock market price action. Some things really, truly are more important. By the way: eyes are garage-door rollers. First such use in history, I'll wager.

View attachment 499814
Adorable daughter Audie. Lucky man! That looks like your front deck?

I'm personally hoping that a short squeeze doesn't happen until Q4 earnings. If the catalyst is the Q4 earnings and Q1 and full year 2020 guidance, it will make the gains from the short squeeze much more sustainable...…….and more hurt for shorts ;)
Oh, didn't you get the tweet? Hold on for the 10-Q, then the fwaud will be revealed... :p

Careful! That condo could end up costing a lot more than you think ! ;)
A little upthread somebody posted a calculation that the Model S they bought in 2013 from selling stock cost them over a $million (based on today's TSLA price, if they would have kept the shares those would be worth over a million).

I mean, yes, but there's something that even a million bucks can't buy you today. Any guesses? Anyone? Bueller?

The answer is a Model S that you've been driving for the past seven years...

Would be really great for a collection of TMC heavy hitters to create a blog post /open letter explaining why they are still holding at these levels and share how many TSLA shares their collection represents.

I wouldn't call myself a 'TMC heavy hitter', but:

Alter Viggo on Twitter

Not sure if this a something big or just reading too much into something. I seriously doubt first Model Y deliveries(even to employees) are less than 30 days away...…...but if they are :eek:

…….nope it's not happening in under 30 days lol. We need that Q4 earnings conf call ASAP!

It is probably not happening but, if Model Y deliveries start in Q1, what are realistic expectations of what that would actually look like? Could they meaningfully add to profitability due to presumably lower volume?

If so, and those are big ifs, man...the squeeze out of Q4 earnings would be epic I have to imagine as all parties suddenly realize that S&P inclusion becomes an almost absolute certainty.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Elon will soon be able to vest 1.7 million shares, when the SP hits 555. How will that affect the stock price? Is it a dilution?View attachment 499824

Only after the 6 month and 30 day averages exceed the market cap threshold. Then he has to hold the shares for 5 years.
Each award is a dillution, based on my reading.

Elon will soon be able to vest 1.7 million shares, when the SP hits 555. How will that affect the stock price? Is it a dilution?View attachment 499824

I read it as he needs the average over 6 months to be over $555. Depending on how fast the stock rises past that number it might take awhile longer. Remember stock was around $300 lower 3 months ago so if we reach $555 any day now it will need to get to around $850 in 3 more months for the average to work out.

At this speed he might reach the next milestone $150billion before the $100billion one reaches its average.

So won't happen for awhile. Also they are not free. He has to pay something for the options. Can't remember the number though.

Reactions: Lessmog and CalX
Only after the 6 month and 30 day averages exceed the market cap threshold. Then he has to hold the shares for 5 years.
Each award is a dillution, based on my reading.
I'm wondering if dilution will matter at all if he won't sell as he said... if the float does not increase, but buying interest grows, then...

He's going to get more voting power though, don't see a problem.

What do people think about splitting the daily thread into two?

One thread for people watching the ticker, to observe manipulations, cheer for new ATHs, laugh at shorts losing their shorts, etc.

And one thread only for discussing actual news, doing research on topics like FCA, etc.

That way people could keep up to date with all the great insightful contributions to this thread without having to sift through 10, 20, 30 pages.

Not that I don't enjoy the first type of posts, but it takes a lot of time to go through this many of them. Especially if there are more +10% days to come, this could be helpful?

What do people think about splitting the daily thread into two?

One thread for people watching the ticker, to observe manipulations, cheer for new ATHs, laugh at shorts losing their shorts, etc.

And one thread only for discussing actual news, doing research on topics like FCA, etc.

That way people could keep up to date with all the great insightful contributions to this thread without having to sift through 10, 20, 30 pages.

Not that I don't enjoy the first type of posts, but it takes a lot of time to go through this many of them. Especially if there are more +10% days to come, this could be helpful?
Won't work.

I'm wondering if dilution will matter at all if he won't sell as he said... if the float does not increase, but buying interest grows, then...

He's going to get more voting power though, don't see a problem.

Technically, when he gets 1% in new shares the value per share drops by 100/101 or about 1%, less of a movement than the daily noise.

This contrasts to a capital raise where shares are created and immediately fund Tesla so goal value and total shares both increase. Due to holding, it won't impact the float at all.

The docs predicted about a 7% max increase in total Musk ownership if all levels were granted.