Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EC44826B-BECA-489A-A3AA-06CFD69E5822.jpeg
F9797CEC-19FA-497E-B12E-BB9C37A1A3FE.jpeg
I know it was a typo, but it’s fitting nonetheless.

ingles Leah McGrath‏ @InglesDietitian
I see so many articles which start out with these statements about animal agriculture saying things like agriculture is THE reason for climate change or THE biggest effect on greenhouse gas... Where is this data coming from because it's not from the EPA (or even the FAO) ...

DzYEoUQUwAEzORe.png

7:33 AM - 14 Feb 2019
ingles Leah McGrath on Twitter

Something I don't understand about Rivian. Their entry-level truck with a 105kWh battery pack and 4 motors starts at $69,000. That price does not seem to be realistic. They plan to sell their higher-end truck with a 180kWh battery pack first. I wonder how many people will buy a truck that is going to be at least $100k.

About 20k in the first 12 months.

People already spend ~$100k on crappy ICE trucks.

upload_2019-2-15_8-22-1.png

Charlie Munger (#2 at Berkshire Hathaway), cited on CNBC: asked about the saying that one should prefer to hire the guy who has a 130 IQ but thinks its 120 than the guy who has a 150 IQ but thinks it's 170: "Oh, you must be thinking of Elon Musk".

The Musk / Buffett wars continue...

Frankly, what Buffet was doing the past decade? Last time I checked, his investment return based on his public net worth change+charity donation seems lower than the S&P index from 08/09 to now. Maybe he is right, index fund does beat most mutual funds.

Reactions: AZRI11

(Nor would Elon read her feed and like some of her tweets if he thought she was a paid shill or dishonest reporter - though I'm sure he's not always pleased with what she writes.)

I definitely agree she is not a paid shill.

She is just part of the problem.

Part of "manufactured consensus", that is, a media machine oiled by and directed by ads money. "Manufactured consensus" is a great book, well worth the money and the time.

Tesla is an easy target as it doesn't pay these thugs ads money, and its enemy spend a lot.

Reactions: MikkoJ and EinSV
Charlie Munger (#2 at Berkshire Hathaway), cited on CNBC: asked about the saying that one should prefer to hire the guy who has a 130 IQ but thinks its 120 than the guy who has a 150 IQ but thinks it's 170: "Oh, you must be thinking of Elon Musk".

The Musk / Buffett wars continue...

Can't say I am surprised. It's the exact reason they missed the entire internet boom and picked IBM and Apple at exactly the wrong time.

I am really surprised for avid Musk fans calling for them to invest in Tesla though.

Reactions: Drax7
Charlie is his own man, and what he says doesn’t necessarily jive with Berkshire’s actions. So I wouldn’t read tons into that quip. I do like Charlie’s quips though, they are true zingers, age hasn’t seemed to dull his mind at all. Wish I could say the same for me!

Respectfully disagree, that is exactly their investment philosophy.

Those people whom he said overestimate themselves are exactly the same set of "crazy" people who actually change the world. Changing the world isn't easy, great rewards came with great risk. Berkshire never liked that kind of risk.

And they don't like powerful leaders.