Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to make "exciting announcement on Thursday" (correction Tuesday)

What will Elon's "exciting announcement" be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Direct link to event. I'm listening now. It's still just music:

ir.teslamotors.com/eventdetail.cfm?eventid=127665

Edit: I found it in the "page source", because the page was messed up. I had to do some "tabbing" through the page to reach the fields I needed after that in order to actually listen to it.

Edit 2: "Ladies and gentleman, thank you for holding, your Tesla Motors conference call will begin shortly, thank you for holding."

From their press release:
When considering the savings from using electricity instead of gasoline, depreciation benefits and other factors, the true net out of pocket cost to own a mid-range Model S drops to less than $500 per month.
Sounds like the $500 number is not the lease payment -- add the price you would spend per month on gasoline for an ICE, "other factors", etc. to get to the actual lease payment amount. Will hopefully get those precise numbers (either $/mo or % and term of financing) in the call.

That is awesome! $500 a month! Who couldn't afford a Model S now? Ill take 3!

It's not actually $500/mo... its actually quite a bit higher... more than double actually. That $500 is some fuzzy math Tesla did to say you pay $1100/mo on the lease, but you save $200 on gas, plus you save a trip to the gas station so if you're time is worth $100/hr, that's $100/mo in savings, etc. Very wonky if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

From their press release:

Sounds like the $500 number is not the lease payment -- add the price you would spend per month on gasoline for an ICE, "other factors", etc. to get to the actual lease payment amount. Will hopefully get those precise numbers (either $/mo or % and term of financing) in the call.

That 'true cost' calculator is here: http://www.teslamotors.com/true-cost-of-ownership

Hmm, this also looks new on the pricing page, new option for the P85:

Performance Plus Package -$6,500
Performance Plus upgrades an already impressive handling car by stiffening key suspension linkages and tuning dampers to increase lateral stiffness without compromising ride. 21" wheels with wider rear rims and Michelin Pilot Sport SP2 tires channel these improvements to the road. The result is nothing short of amazing-light, responsive steering with minimal body roll. It's a performance junkie's perfect daily driver.

Hmm, this also looks new on the pricing page, new option for the P85:

Performance Plus Package -$6,500
Performance Plus upgrades an already impressive handling car by stiffening key suspension linkages and tuning dampers to increase lateral stiffness without compromising ride. 21" wheels with wider rear rims and Michelin Pilot Sport SP2 tires channel these improvements to the road. The result is nothing short of amazing-light, responsive steering with minimal body roll. It's a performance junkie's perfect daily driver.

Now this is something I can get excited for. Wonder if retrofits will happen?