Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla tent in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what your price range is for a tent, but I have been very happy with the one that I got from MEC years ago. I don’t know what their quality is like now after the management changes, but it might be worth a look. Any other camping store should have tents, Campers Village (Edmonton & Calgary), or Atmosphere come to mind.

Reactions: marcham
For 3, you probably want a 4 person tent with 1 or 2 vestibules.

If you can find an MEC Cabin 4 person tent, that is a great tent with quality materials.

You're looking for fabric thickness and waterproof rating. Waterproofing minimum 5000mm on the floor and 2000mm on the fly. 100 denier for the floor would be the absolute minimum (if less, you'll need a tarp to avoid pinholes)

Eureka still makes good tents. North Face are very lightweight and don't wear well. MSR are well made but better suited for backpacking. Avoid everything from Canadian Tire.

Sorry, I should have been more specific -- looking for the kind of tent that attached to the car itself. Like the picture below.

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 206
Sorry, I should have been more specific -- looking for the kind of tent that attached to the car itself. Like the picture below.
Just get a Pontiac Aztec and you can camp out of that.

Kidding aside, Amazon has some of those trunk/tailgate car tents. The one pictured below is backordered and unavailable till August though.

You can also try places that modify vehicles for overlanding like Cap-It or Rack Attack.

Attachments

• 4B36C5DA-F299-4C26-854A-886D7732ABF3.png
    4B36C5DA-F299-4C26-854A-886D7732ABF3.png
    1,021.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: marcham
As a heads up, keeping the trunk on an X open for extended periods of time can cause the cylinders to fail early. I was leaving my trunk open at car shows for a couple of hours at a time and one of them gave out, and my trunk would only open about half way until I had it replaced.