Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Technical Support - Contacte beyond the chat via Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I’ve been having issues with the Tesla infotainment system for the past few months now and have been exchanging with the guys via the app. They sent a mobile technician who basically just did a factory reset and things worked ok for like half a day and then went back to being how they were.

I contacted the guys again via the app (basically the only method of contact that I know of) and they’ve been taking forever to resolve the issue.

I would like to know if there are any other ways to actually talk to a human. Maybe the Level 2 or 3 people on the technical side cause frankly it’s starting to get ridiculous now.

I’ve a long list of issues with the infotainment and it’s kinda unacceptable on a car that’s not particularly cheap.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Hi,

I’ve been having issues with the Tesla infotainment system for the past few months now and have been exchanging with the guys via the app. They sent a mobile technician who basically just did a factory reset and things worked ok for like half a day and then went back to being how they were.

I contacted the guys again via the app (basically the only method of contact that I know of) and they’ve been taking forever to resolve the issue.

I would like to know if there are any other ways to actually talk to a human. Maybe the Level 2 or 3 people on the technical side cause frankly it’s starting to get ridiculous now.

I’ve a long list of issues with the infotainment and it’s kinda unacceptable on a car that’s not particularly cheap.

Thanks a lot for your help !
Perhaps request a service center appointment so you can walk a technician through the issue. I had a rattle. Made an appointment. Insisted shock strut lose or other related issue. Techs were patient, rode in car, knowing where all bumps in road were. Road in trunk to listen. Sure enough after swapping rear shocks left to right sound moved isolated and replaced. It may take that kind of in person effort with more than a mobile tech.

Perhaps request a service center appointment so you can walk a technician through the issue. I had a rattle. Made an appointment. Insisted shock strut lose or other related issue. Techs were patient, rode in car, knowing where all bumps in road were. Road in trunk to listen. Sure enough after swapping rear shocks left to right sound moved isolated and replaced. It may take that kind of in person effort with more than a mobile tech.

So far they keep telling me that software is not handled by guys at the Tesla store and that the guys at the store are all hardware guys (body work n stuff). And I am kinda stuck with my infotainment not doing half of what it’s supposed to be doing.
That’s why looking for ways of taking it higher up.

So far they keep telling me that software is not handled by guys at the Tesla store and that the guys at the store are all hardware guys (body work n stuff). And I am kinda stuck with my infotainment not doing half of what it’s supposed to be doing.
That’s why looking for ways of taking it higher up.
Assuming there is no hardware issue, do another service request. State that it is request number (X) and detail what it is doing. Also when the issue occurs do a bug report (press the right scroll wheel, say bug report and say in a SHORT sentence what it is doing. Then when done, press and hold the car icon at the lower left for a few seconds and it should say it was submitted. IF you can have someone take video with audio of what is happening, submit that with the service request. There was a software issue a few months back relating to the app, I stayed on it for 5 days (car kept waking every few minutes 24/7). Finally got it escalated and along with other data I submitted the programers were very thankful and fixed it with 24 hours of receipt. They also were working with my to isolate what was causing the issue.

Assuming there is no hardware issue, do another service request. State that it is request number (X) and detail what it is doing. Also when the issue occurs do a bug report (press the right scroll wheel, say bug report and say in a SHORT sentence what it is doing. Then when done, press and hold the car icon at the lower left for a few seconds and it should say it was submitted. IF you can have someone take video with audio of what is happening, submit that with the service request. There was a software issue a few months back relating to the app, I stayed on it for 5 days (car kept waking every few minutes 24/7). Finally got it escalated and along with other data I submitted the programers were very thankful and fixed it with 24 hours of receipt. They also were working with my to isolate what was causing the issue.
So I’ve been doing something similar. Each time I create a service request that’s related to infotainment/software, they ask me to run some tests send them screenshots with the exact time of the test. Which I’ve done. A few times over. And they keep saying that they’re working on it, troubleshooting. But it’s been weeks now. And it’s always the same response. I don’t know if your method of doing it from within the car will make it any different / send data to a different team which will hopefully be more competent/helpful/reactive ?
if you think it’ll be a different set of people looking at the same data Or it would be extra data that’ll help the same people working on it.. I’d definitely do it. Just wondering if that were the case why these Tesla guys didn’t ask me for it already But at this point I’m so done with their incompetence that nothing would shock me anymore.

Thanks for the tip though !