Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sues German (actually Swiss) Auto Parts Maker Over Model X Door Delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again, why does it still say German automaker? It is a Swiss company. Perhaps that seems to be the same for some, but we don't call Tesla a Canadian company either, do we?

Maybe because it is the exact title of the article in te WSJ this post refers to?

And the journalist did come up with this tittle, likely because the core of the automotive part activities is actually in Germany (and likely the place where the development work for Tesla was done).

But if it gives you peace of mind: it is a Swiss company!
(but the Germans are to blame :wink:)

(but the Germans are to blame :wink:)

I know. We are always to blame. For everything. Everywhere in the world. Ever.
And you know, the sad thing is, we as a people have really gotten used to accepting that as fact!

Strange otoh that according to a recent study by the U.S. News & World Report, BAV Consulting and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Germany is supposed to be the "best country in the world"... :rolleyes:

I know. We are always to blame. For everything. Everywhere in the world. Ever.
And you know, the sad thing is, we as a people have really gotten used to accepting that as fact!

I heard most of the senior executives at Hoerbiger Automotive Comfort Systems are Nazis. Born in Austria or something but are German citizens now. Maybe living in Switzerland. Or somewhere in the DACH. :tongue:

”Tesla Motors, Inc. repudiated its agreements with Hoerbiger in May 2015. By this point in time, Hoerbiger Automotive Comfort Systems was already fully prepared to begin high-volume production according to Tesla’s most current schedule,” the statement reads. “Hoerbiger was in compliance with the specifications stipulated by Tesla.

Auto Parts Supplier Tesla Sued Says it Lived Up To Agreement - WSJ

This will certainly be an interesting case to watch unfold further.

*grabs popcorn*

- - - Updated - - -

I heard most of the senior executives at Hoerbiger Automotive Comfort Systems are Nazis. Born in Austria or something but are German citizens now. Maybe living in Switzerland. Or somewhere in the DACH. :tongue:

All Germans are Nazis, didn't you know? Just read reputable British literary works like the "Sun" or "Daily Mirror"... :wink:

But back on-topic, as a TSLA shareholder I do hope that Tesla has a good case on its hand. Not that Elon is in "Top Gear" mode again :rolleyes:

This is going to sound stupid, but I'll say it anyway. Even joking (and yes, I know all that talk about "all Germans..." above is joking) is harmful. It establishes in people's minds that it's OK to joke about other classes of people (Germans), and/or that those bad guys (Nazis) really aren't all that bad. Spreading jokes about minority groups is one of the time honored ways to eventually bring oppression to them. So please stop and think before making jokes like that.

@ggr:
Of course it is not OK to joke about minorities or other classes of people. That is why I wasn't joking, I was being sarcastic. I just put the "wink" smiley there because I have not yet found any smiley for "being sarcastic". Minor but important difference.

Plus, at least I wasn't making jokes about other classes of people/(s) anyway, as I am German myself. And you wouldn't believe how many people in the US I know personally who think that, if not most, then at least many Germans are still thinking like Nazis. Which, given the current situation in our country, isn't even too far from the truth. The German government is currently undertaking an extremely risky social experiment, which in the long run might give rise again to ultra-right wing parties. Perhaps not as drastic as the Nazis were, but still bad enough. Let's pray this scenario does not come true.

@ggr:
Of course it is not OK to joke about minorities or other classes of people. That is why I wasn't joking, I was being sarcastic. I just put the "wink" smiley there because I have not yet found any smiley for "being sarcastic". Minor but important difference.

Plus, at least I wasn't making jokes about other classes of people/(s) anyway, as I am German myself. And you wouldn't believe how many people in the US I know personally who think that, if not most, then at least many Germans are still thinking like Nazis. Which, given the current situation in our country, isn't even too far from the truth. The German government is currently undertaking an extremely risky social experiment, which in the long run might give rise again to ultra-right wing parties. Perhaps not as drastic as the Nazis were, but still bad enough. Let's pray this scenario does not come true.

The message the German government sent out in relation to refugees was very beautiful, and very necessary: throughout Europe we all (literally) building iron walls within the Union to keep refugees out. The U.S. have, since over 200 years, been the role model for the world in respect of "positive immigration" but now there's a certain candidate for the U.S. presidency who would like to exclude 'muslims' - however he defines that... Not sure whether that would be based on nationality, as if everyone from a certain country must be of the dominant religion of that country (or have a religion in the first place), or whether it would be based on an individual questionnaire about religious beliefs, which would be just as incredible, and unconstitutional I suppose... So I think Germany really made a very important statement when saying "we will make it happen" in relation to accepting and integrating refugees. In the 1930's the U.S. accepted all Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany, when the Nazi's had the very stupid idea of provoking such a brain drain :) (and afterwards inventing even more radical solutions which certainly do not deserve any sort of smiley).

And yes this "we will make it happen" idea (in respect of accepting refugees irrespective of their number, insofar of course they are really refugees), is a challenge. But if Germany had not made this very important statement, which country in Europe would have?

@ggr:
I just put the "wink" smiley there because I have not yet found any smiley for "being sarcastic". Minor but important difference.
That's why I keep
sarcasm.gif
bookmarked.

If all else fails, I use <sarcasm>