Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hate it when that happens. You've tried a reboot, no doubt? Maybe resort to a power off and on?
The only time software update check works is when it's rebooted, the date/time of the check changes when the car is rebooted
and it looks like it's phoning home to check. if i try manually it does not do anything and date/time of the check does not change
I tried power off/on

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron
After I installed 2023.26.8 software update check worked once
Now it's not doing anything, date/time of software update check is not changing
For me it happened a couple of updates before 26.8. How long has the longest period you gone without rebooting to force a check? I have a feeling its deliberate by Tesla and the software check has been turned down to weekly. Trying to see how long it goes without checking but keep having to reboot for some reason (eg bluetooth wouldn't connect this morning)

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron
For me it happened a couple of updates before 26.8. How long has the longest period you gone without rebooting to force a check? I have a feeling its deliberate by Tesla and the software check has been turned down to weekly. Trying to see how long it goes without checking but keep having to reboot for some reason (eg bluetooth wouldn't connect this morning)
Thats why it's my weekly and monthly task to reset... scroll wheel reset every sunday, wheel change reset every 1st day of month...

Checking on TeslaFi it doesn't appear that there is a an update to download, as of today, I also suspect that this would be a 2 step process to manage load on the firmware servers I understand there is already throttling applied based on vehicle config. I got 2023.26.8 on Thursday and it says it up to date as of 18th, not that it hasn't checked. I used to toggle the Standard/Advanced setting and that sometimes made a difference. I don't habitually reboot and have only found it useful with Apple Music not reconnecting.

Taping on software the car used to check for updates as many times as you liked
and depending if you were the chosen one and you’d said enough hail Elon’s you might have an update

Tesla then introduced 24 hour time limit meaning the car wouldn’t check unless 24 hours had passed since your last check.

Now I’m not sure what’s happening for me,it only checks if I reboot and it’s been like that since a few updates ago

I tried Audietron wheel change which looks like it reboots the car
It did check for an update.

Taping on software the car used to check for updates as many times as you liked
and depending if you were the chosen one and you’d said enough hail Elon’s you might have an update

Tesla then introduced 24 hour time limit meaning the car wouldn’t check unless 24 hours had passed since your last check.

Now I’m not sure what’s happening for me,it only checks if I reboot and it’s been like that since a few updates ago

I tried Audietron wheel change which looks like it reboots the car
It did check for an update.
simple answer - you are on the naughty list of Elonta... do 20 SpaceMusk every day, and you might get to near to bottom of naughty list.

Once on naughty list - always on naughty list - unless buy another car from Elonta (that's what I did) 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli
Installed 2023.32.4 on Saturday; apparently a bugfix / minor improvement release. Cameras seem clearer to me.
Also the touchscreen stopped responding to touch on the way to work this morning (Nav display, speed etc still worked though along with steering wheel controls). Ok after a reboot. Hopefully just a coincidence.