Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster Sport Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sport Motor?

The discussion about the adjustable suspension has me interested in the other half of the Sport package:

Has anyone had a chance to compare the motor performance of a 2010 Sport w/ a 2010 non-Sport?

What were your observations?

Basically it seems that the Sport is about .2s quicker from 0-60 and .3s quicker in the 1/4 mile.

Actual performance varies a bit based on battery state of charge, temp, and mode the car is in.

Sport can do 13s 1/4 mile without much trouble.
Non-sport can do 13.3s 1/4 mile routinely.
(If you get all the conditions right, including a lightweight driver, you might be able to get as good as 12.6 in the Sport and 12.9 in the non-sport).

I am considering getting a Roadster now (possibly Sport) but am trying to find out if people think Sport upgrade is worth it (worth is subjective of course but I mean if the look of the car is more important than the extra speed). I love the look with the carbon fiber hood and tail. If the extra speed wasn't mandatory for me (3.9 sec is still fast), can the regular Roadster be upgraded with the carbon fiber accents, executive leather..etc to look basically the same or are those not included with the Sport anyway? I obviously don't know how the Sport comes stock so thought I'd ask. I'm going to contact Tesla too but figured I'd get people's thoughts here too. Thanks!

Last edited:
Executive leather and all the carbon fiber (interior & exterior) are all available seperately, as they aren't part of the Sport package. The Sport package intself consists of the upgraded motor (with the hand-wound stator), the upgraded adjustable suspension (which is also avail seperately), the upgraded wheels (also avail seperately), and upgraded stickier tires. There are very few innate cosmetic differences, a few badges is about all.

I think if it hadn't meant giving up my very-early locked-in price, I would have probably gone for the Sport upgrade - I would have gotten the suspension upgrade if it had been available to me, and I did get the upgraded wheels and tires.

I'm so totally happy with the car as it is, though.

Last edited: