Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster Sport Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Orange sport with carbon fiber:
3813491981_bbf54911e9_b.jpg

Hard to know if it's actually a Sport. The head-on shot is at an angle such that contrasting "S" is occluded. The rear badging is supposed to be there as per Tesla brochures.

Then again, VIN100 not withstanding, it's hard for me to picture a customer paying so much extra for for all the carbon fiber bits ($18K both interior and exterior) and not get a sport.

The guy who took one of the photos of the orange one has just changed his flickr description to say he is not so sure (anymore) if that is a Sport or not. It may turn out to just be a "base" model with carbon kit. I put it in this Sport topic because the flickr description originally said "Roadster Sport".

Well I stopped by the MP store briefly on my way home from work and noticed many cars with the Roadster Sport badge on the rear. In fact I think that orange one is still there and has since had the badge added. I think it probably is a standard feature, but James car was rushed through for the Wayland event so they may have skipped that part.

NBC Bay Area gets a test drive of the 2010: Test Driving the 2010 Tesla | NBC Bay Area

...First off, the 2010 isn't all that different from the 2009 version being driven around by the founders of Google, and somewhere near 698 other well-heeled environmentally-thoughtful drivers...

Nitpicks:

• Should say 2008 version, not 2009 (there were no 2009 model year Roadsters)
  • The ~698 other drivers aren't all in 2008s. Approx 500+ in 2008s, and approx 200 in 2010s. He did get to drive a 'Sport' though... So it was a fairly exclusive version to be in.

Adjustable Suspension ?

As surely a lot of Sports are out there in the meantime, may I ask:

1. What ist the experience with the adjustable Suspension of the sport?
  2. How is handling behavior different to the normal suspension of the "no-Sport"?
  3. Were you asked before delivery how they should set it for you?
  4. Can you self-adjust it or were you told how it works?

Thanks!

As surely a lot of Sports are out there in the meantime, may I ask:

What ist the experience with the adjustable Suspension of the sport?
Thanks!

It definitely feels more firm on the road. I am not enough of a performance car enthusiast yet to give you any detailed description of the feel. But other Tesla owners that have driven my Sport have been able to tell the difference.

How is handling behavior different to the normal suspension of the "no-Sport"?

I would say that you don't notice the weight of the battery as much when turning hard. Does that make sense?

Were you asked before delivery how they should set it for you?

No. I think they have a default setting, but I don't know what it was set at.

Can you self-adjust it or were you told how it works?

I can see the adjustment parts behind the front wheels when I turn them to one side. But it is a pain in the butt to reach. I have not tried yet to adjust from the factory settings. I am going to meet with the Seattle service manager in the near future to learn about this and take care of a few other things.