Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I received the duffel bag a few days ago and the jacket today.

Really liking the jacket which arrived in time for an unseasonable cold snap. But I could have sworn that it was supposed to be personalized with my name on it.

No big deal that there's no name but does anyone else remember something about jackets being personalized?

Ok. Just checked with SC. I had selected the grey arachnids, silver arrived.
Car is grey. What do,you all think, first world problem be happy with what I got, or push for grey and wait more.

The same thing happened to me last Thursday. I emailed the referral department the same day about the issue. I did not hear back from them and originally decided to just install the silver wheels. When I called the SC to schedule the installation they informed me that they were contacted by the referral department and the Grey wheels were being processed (eta 2 to 3 weeks). My SC rep recommended that I wait until the Grey wheels arrive so I can see how they look on the car. Since they are not sending the silver wheels back I will be able to choose which looks best to me.

I am in the same boat with the wrong color wheels shipped by Tesla ... really not impressed with the customer service so far :cool:
The SC said they will reorder the Grey Arachnids and have them in a week ... still waiting 10 days later to confirm the shipment.

arachnid at supercharger.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Bengineer
Reporting back, as promised. :) I haven't fallen through the cracks. :) After clarifying we were talking about the same phase reward programs, it looks like there has been some confusion between two different phases of the program (bold is mine, to help with expectations):

"Yes, we’re on the same page, Phase 5 started in mid-July and ended mid-October. 2 qualifying awards meant an owner would receive the Tesla Leather Duffle, 3 would get the customer an Owners Jacket, and 5 would get the Arachnid Rims.

The confusion is due to Phase 4, which started in late May, having most of the same awards as Phase 5. When we shipped out the last of the Phase 4 awards in December, which included the bag and the jacket, many owners thought they were receiving awards for Phase 5.

After looking again the latest I have on shipping timeline is that most of the awards from Phase 5 are supposed to have a late February/early March ship date. They really are great, especially the Arachnid Rims :) "

Bonnie, do you have a good email for the referral program? My leather duffle bag (that I received today) has water/mold damage and needs to be replaced.

• Informative
Reactions: Bengineer
I received the duffel bag a few days ago and the jacket today.

Really liking the jacket which arrived in time for an unseasonable cold snap. But I could have sworn that it was supposed to be personalized with my name on it.

No big deal that there's no name but does anyone else remember something about jackets being personalized?
Yep. At least that was the implication with the web-based sizing/ordering process I went through months ago.

• Helpful
Reactions: Patrick W
How did you exchange your gifts for tesla credits?

Well, the first $11.000 credits was from the first referral program. Referred 11 people and got $1000 for each car. The price was a Founder Model and the PowerWall. They contacted me about the PowerWall after maybe one year and said that they had delivery problems and asked if I wanted credits for it. I said yes and got $3500 in credits that I could use for whatever I wanted @ the SC.

• Informative
Reactions: Jonas_man
I guess it's a language problem.

I'm not saying Tesla would give you cash, of course the won't. They won't give you credits either.

What I'm saying is, why bother Tesla at all by asking them for something they most likely would never do (credits), and instead, you can just sell your stuff to other people for real cash, and then use that cash to buy the Tesla accessories you want? One is nearly impossible, the other pretty easy, the end result is the same.
As i get older, i hate to sell things online. Ppl love to bargain and i have no time for that. I set a price and i expect ppl to pay that price.
Dealing with Tesla only would make my life easier.

The same thing happened to me last Thursday. I emailed the referral department the same day about the issue. I did not hear back from them and originally decided to just install the silver wheels. When I called the SC to schedule the installation they informed me that they were contacted by the referral department and the Grey wheels were being processed (eta 2 to 3 weeks). My SC rep recommended that I wait until the Grey wheels arrive so I can see how they look on the car. Since they are not sending the silver wheels back I will be able to choose which looks best to me.

Wow, this is really an epidemic. I was one of the first to receive theirs, and the same thing had happened to me back then. I started a thread about it on here, and people keep responding with the exact same issue. So ridiculous.

Reactions: FlatSix911
I just received my leather duffel bag. It's smaller than I thought it would be but still very nice. This was from the referral program ending Oct 15th. I am still waiting for the following from the same program:
- Owner Jacket
- Grey Arachnid Wheel (Tesla sent silver wheels instead; waiting for replacements)

I am also waiting for the following from the program ending Jan 15th:
- Owner Winter Coat
- Bag
- Founders PowerWall 2 (Most Excited About this Prize)

I just received my leather duffel bag. It's smaller than I thought it would be but still very nice. This was from the referral program ending Oct 15th. I am still waiting for the following from the same program:
- Owner Jacket
- Grey Arachnid Wheel (Tesla sent silver wheels instead; waiting for replacements)

- Owner Winter Coat
- Bag

I got my puffer jacket the other day. It looks like a decent medium weight jacket though it seems to run a little small.

Ok. Just checked with SC. I had selected the grey arachnids, silver arrived.

Car is grey. What do,you all think, first world problem be happy with what I got, or push for grey and wait more.

I am in the same boat with the wrong color wheels shipped by Tesla ... really not impressed with the customer service so far :cool:
The SC said they will reorder the Grey Arachnids and have them in a week ... still waiting 10 days later to confirm the shipment.

View attachment 224621

As stated earlier, I ordered great and silver arrived as well. Tesla screwed this up pretty bad. They told me 3 weeks for the proper grey's to be shipped and I am going on a month now.

- Owner Jacket

- Owner Winter Coat
- Bag

I received my "Owner Winter Coat" today from the program ending Jan 2017 but still no jacket from the program that ended Oct 2016. They are very disorganized. and I especially don't like the fact that I don't receive any notification that the items have shipped. I literally saw the box with my bag in it yesterday when I was going outside to walk the dog.

I received my "Owner Winter Coat" today from the program ending Jan 2017 but still no jacket from the program that ended Oct 2016. They are very disorganized. and I especially don't like the fact that I don't receive any notification that the items have shipped. I literally saw the box with my bag in it yesterday when I was going outside to walk the dog.
I think they sent out the thermal jacket winter is over (but still some cold weather ahead for some parts of the country). Hopefully the other jacket will come in soon.

If you create an account with Fedex, you can get a notification of when packages will be delivered to your house. We knew last week that we had several packages that were from Tesla which would be delivered on Saturday and Wednesday.

Last edited:
I think they sent out the thermal jacket since winter is almost over. Hopefully the other jacket will come in soon.

If you create an account with Fedex, you can get a notification of when packages will be delivered to your house. We knew last week that we had several packages that were from Tesla which would be delivered on Saturday and Wednesday.

Thank you for the advise. I just created the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.