Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the full portion of the email relevant to the referral program (it was a general update about AWD being standard, an update on Tesla solar, and then had the following at the end of the email):

1200x480-December-Newsletter-Falconheavy.jpg

Watch a SpaceX Rocket Launch

Several Tesla owners recently unlocked the third secret level in our Referral Program. When completed, they’ll be invited to the launch of the world’s most powerful rocket, Falcon Heavy, and will receive a 2% discount toward a Founders Series Roadster for each referral. Our current program runs until January 31 and allows Tesla owners to give five friends free, unlimited Supercharging with Model S or Model X, or a 5-year extended limited warranty with Tesla solar panels. You can just log in to the Tesla app to share your referral code with your friends. Check out the full program details here.

Reactions: nasatech
I apologize if this has already been posted. I just noticed it, so I don’t know if it just appeared today. There is a button labeled “My Awards” in the loot box section of the app. Of particular interest is the actual info regarding solar roof tokens & the power wall 2.
Info on awards I have already received doesn’t seem to reflect that I have already received them or that the event has already taken place.

View attachment 267469
View attachment 267468
I do not have the awards button on my app (android).
Also no response to my email in 2 weeks.
Any other suggestions to get an award from last year/this year?

Ah is that why it's now showing the carry on bag from phase 8 that's still missing?
Mine showed up last week and shows all awards from the current program but no awards from any previous program.
2 of my 5 referrals have had their cars delivered. Both about 2 weeks ago.
Ah. I can't explain why you aren't seeing it then.

So when I went to choose the Tesla credit rather than the powerwall 2 I received the following screens:

View attachment 268264

View attachment 268265

This made me hesitate and I didn't click submit as you only have 12 months to use the credit from your referral delivery date. Now I'm unsure what to do again.
I wonder if anyone in the US received the option of getting a credit?
We have a Model 3 on order with a December 2017 - February 2018 delivery estimate. As I read this, the credit could be used for the purchase.
Did you call or email the Tesla Referral Department to get this option?

Last edited:
We have a Model 3 on order with a December 2017 - February 2018. As I read this this credit could be used for the purchase.
Hes in Canada. They've had this option by default for some reason. But in the US is seems to be case by case. And good luck reaching anyone from the referral program on it.

But in the US is seems to be case by case. And good luck reaching anyone from the referral program on it.

It's not the referral program people who are coordinating the credit in the US. It's the Tesla Energy people who are scheduling the site surveys who are(might) offer the credit. As I've mentioned before, you have to wait for the Tesla Energy (previously Solarcity) people to call you.

We have a Model 3 on order with a December 2017 - February 2018 delivery estimate. As I read this, the credit could be used for the purchase.

I didn't do anything special or make a request - surprisingly shortly after my 4th referral took deliver I received an email.

I am in Canada (Vancouver) and can confirm the Tesla solar roof / powerwall is not available in my area yet. The weather here is very similar to Seattle and neither climate is ideal for solar power (a decent amount of rain / clouds throughout the year). Not being available in my area would make a lot of sense as to why I was offered the credit.

It's not the referral program people who are coordinating the credit in the US. It's the Tesla Energy people who are scheduling the site surveys who are(might) offer the credit. As I've mentioned before, you have to wait for the Tesla Energy (previously Solarcity) people to call you.
Well that's who I'm talking to right now but Tesla energy solar guy trying to sell me on some panels. He's never heard of the credit but it looking into it on order to make his sale...

Well that's who I'm talking to right now but Tesla energy solar guy trying to sell me on some panels. He's never heard of the credit but it looking into it on order to make his sale...

I would bet dollars to donuts that the sales people at TE/SC are completely different from the group coordinating the PW2 installs and the referral credits. My parents were recently considering solar panels, and the SC sales guy was 110% salesperson, young, aggressive, and really pushy with my elderly parents, which they did not respond to well. As in the auto division, there's a lot of turnover in the sales departments, and he recently left Tesla. So I'd suggest trying to find the group who is handing the site surveys and PW2 installs and talk to them. The sales group isn't going to know squat about those issues, they just want to close deals and then pass them onto the install team.

I would bet dollars to donuts that the sales people at TE/SC are completely different from the group coordinating the PW2 installs and the referral credits. My parents were recently considering solar panels, and the SC sales guy was 110% salesperson, young, aggressive, and really pushy with my elderly parents, which they did not respond to well. As in the auto division, there's a lot of turnover in the sales departments, and he recently left Tesla. So I'd suggest trying to find the group who is handing the site surveys and PW2 installs and talk to them. The sales group isn't going to know squat about those issues, they just want to close deals and then pass them onto the install team.
I agree, he was definitely in over his head on Powerwalls. I had to explain to him how they work. He also was trying to convince me they were no help in order to push his agenda. But I don't know anyone on the Powerwall side. They are just as hard to get ahold of as the referral program. Radio silence. I'll just be standing by waiting for them to start the process I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.