Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla provides Virtual Presentation re: Energy Products & offers Discount to Florida Club Members

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
On April 29, 2020, the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts club was pleased to host a Virtual Presentation by Morgan Harding, Tesla Store Leader, in which she discussed Tesla Energy Products. These products included Solar Panels, Solar Roofs, and Powerwalls. The video conference was well-attended, with over 40 of our members participating during the question and answer portion of the program. Also contributing during the question and answer session was Rich Blair, a Tesla Solar System owner who lives in Venice, FL, and Ruslan Kudlai, General Manager, Tesla Energy.

During the presentation, Morgan provided a nice surprise by offering our club members, for a limited time, a 10% discount off of solar systems if 10 or more of our members purchase a system before May 15.

If you are not a club member but would like to take advantage of this discount before it expires on May 15, you can join by visiting our website at Florida Tesla Enthusiasts - Home and clicking on the Join Us link.

I remain in communication with Tesla Corporate and local Tesla leaders. We plan to continue to work with Tesla to host additional Virtual events in the future. Stay tuned for details.

These Virtual Meetups will be open to club members only.

Below are a couple of links to videos taken by Rich Blair of his Tesla Solar System installation.

Tesla solar panel installation time lapse Venice Florida

Tesla solar panel installation drone (selfie with GoPro Karma) plus a few slides

Here's a link to an article by CleanTechnica that features Rich Blair:

The Rooftop Solar “Neighborhood Effect” Transforms Florida Community

Larry

After doing some online research, I know of several installations in Punta Gorda and Naples Florida. However, according to Tesla’s online ordering system, I was shocked to learn that my area (Cape Coral) might not be serviceable even though I am only 3 miles from Punta Gorda and Naples is just south of me. I’m between these two cities, so this really doesn’t make any sense to me.

I really hope that Tesla's online ordering system is incorrect, or that Morgan can pull some strings and get me in on this deal. I even offered to offer my help with any permitting issues with the City of Cape Coral or my utility provider, Lee County Electric Cooperative (LCEC).

I believe this might be a great opportunity for both Telsa to expand their service area, and for myself to finally go with solar.