Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners Club of NYS Information Leak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you signed up for this club, I would highly suggest you google your full name as well as the email and phone number you provided because they stupidly messed up on their website and now (at least for myself) are broadcasting my personal information to the world. My full name, cell phone number and email address appear in google searches when I google myself. I would google your cell phone number to make sure you were not affected.

I guess this happened three weeks ago now and it still has not been fixed, they asked google to re-crawl but who knows how long that might take. My personal information has defintely been crawled and archived within three weeks...

Just a heads up.

Reactions: P3dStealth
I initially requested my info be removed in October. I also filed removal requests with Google. So it's been at least that long.
So your info is still searchable even though you deleted your account and asked google to remove it? The reason I ask is because I’m going back and forth with one of the volunteers via email back and forth now as well. Curious if I should also reach out to google

They just removed my information today after I asked again. So not happy about it. Not sure how it reappeared publicly when they were supposed to have fixed that issue for everyone. They even deleted my account previously. They had good intentions but it is a mess. Eventually people will start getting fraud calls. Maybe even pretending to be Tesla. It's becoming exceedingly difficult to avoid falling for the many scams in the world today.

Your information will continue to come up in Google search results anyway unless you submit a request to Google. The link to the site just won't work but it will show in the search results.

Just Google "Google request removal"

Reactions: nencmeister