Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you rate the Tesla online store

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know what the heck is the matter with the Tesla Online Store? I ordered a J1772 to Tesla converter back on 5/25 for $95 and Tesla took my money right away of course! Then I received a email on 5/27 saying my order has shipped but when I click on the FedEx tracking # , it just says a label was printed but nothing shipped!!! Its been over 2 weeks now and no updates and of course there is no Tesla Cust Svc Ph# to call and every time I email the store I never get a reply. Honestly, Why is Tesla so disorganized they should have the Car thing down by now!!! I'm sure they are losing $ millions of dollars in sales by just not having a decent online store for accessories and parts!

Feel free to post you Tesla store horror stories and other bad experiences!

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: neroden and aiya
Does anybody know what the heck is the matter with the Tesla Online Store? I ordered a J1772 to Tesla converter back on 5/25 for $95 and Tesla took my money right away of course! Then I received a email on 5/27 saying my order has shipped but when I click on the FedEx tracking # , it just says a label was printed but nothing shipped!!! Its been over 2 weeks now and no updates and of course there is no Tesla Cust Svc Ph# to call and every time I email the store I never get a reply. Honestly, Why is Tesla so disorganized they should have the Car thing down by now!!! I'm sure they are losing $ millions of dollars in sales by just not having a decent online store for accessories and parts!

I ordered a 14-50 adapter and samething, Fed-ex notification next day and nothing yet. Been over 2 weeks. They suck.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden
I ordered a bunch of stuff from the store at the same time. Some stuff shipped immediately and I got tracking for it. Some stuff took weeks to ship and they sent tracking for that as well. But a few things shipped at random intervals and I never got a notification or tracking.

Apparently its the wild west over there, but they do deliver eventually. And shipping is free.

• Informative
FYI

I ordered a usb lightning cable and 14-50 adapter on 6/7 (14-50 showed out of stock on 6/6).
Lightning cable shipped on 6/9 and was delivered today 6/12.
14-50 shipped today and has estimated delivery of 6/14.

I ordered the aero wheel cap kit.. it shipped and got delivered but never received it. FedEx stated shipping label didnt match my home address and told me to call the shipper.. we all know how that went. The only contact is their email address and no responses. They are forcing me to open a dispute with my credit card company. Smh.

I am in the same boat as you... I purchased a..
  • NEMA 14-50 Adapter
  • Lugnut covers
  • Automatic Garage Opener
  • USB-C cables
All around mid-May...

Last Sunday June 2, I finally got an email stating my NEMA 14-50 has been shipped. Tracking # available within 24-48 hours. After 5 days I contacted my local Tesla service center, they mentioned to email the Online Ordering team, so I did. After 3 (business days) sending that email, no reply (did get an automated reply though). Created a chat session and the rep told me Online Ordering team typically replies back within 2 business days. It has now been 5 days since that email, and approach 2 weeks since it was "shipped", and almost a month since it was ordered.

Don't have the slight clue about the other 3 items. But you are right, they did take my money quickly, no problem... Very frustrating, as I have been charging at home over a standard outlet at 9KM/hour....

• Informative
Hey Elon! You're on-line store sucks. It took me less than an hour to buy my upcoming blue LR AWD M3 and the rest of the freaking day to secure a wall connector. No supply in our local store or I would have gone there. Dude you have to speak with your suppliers and- BTW-
Reputable companies don't charge your account until the merch is pulled and packed. Your cars kick ass and we're falling over ourselves to secure one. Why can't your online store meet those same standards?

I’ve ordered a few things from online. The tracking thru FedEx is bad. They picked up my order but didn’t scan it when picked up. I called FedEx and they couldn’t tell me anything so called Tesla again btw I think the phone number was on my order email from them, but not certain. Tesla said they’d ship another out to me. Anyway tracking finally got scanned (confirmed picked up when Tesla said it was) and FedEx took my package from Fremont and shipped it east of the ranges there then rerouted back to bay area and finally to me. I’m not a fan of Fed-Ex. What’s the point of tracking if you don’t scan the package at pickup and along the route. USPS is another carrier I have this issue with. Sometimes don’t get tracking until it’s out for delivery.

Don’t recall problems with my other orders. Bought Model 3 fob, front sunshade, a leather fob keyring for our Model S (no longer sell) and can’t recall what else. Have a Boring Company cap which probably gets shipped from the same place.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Only item that I am still waiting for is the wireless charger. All the previous orders were shipped with in 3-5 days

Similar here. I've had delays and bad experiences with the store in the past, but in the last several weeks I've ordered:

2 HPWC
X winter mat
X phone dock
Paint repair kit
14-50 adapter
5-20 adapter

All shipped within a few days, with proper tracking info.

• Informative
Haven't ordered anything lately, but in the past year, I ordered a cap, phone charging cable, license plate frame, 10-30 adapter, and cable organizer. With the exception of the cable organizer, everything arrived within a day or two. The organizer was backordered, but arrived in about a week (sooner than indicated).

• Informative

I bought a Tesla OEM J1772 to Tesla converter on Ebay. Got it in a couple of days. It works perfectly and no waiting.