Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model Y 2021 Performance brake upgrade [on a Model Y Standard Range]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I need some assistance. I recently purchased a 2021 standard range MY and have changed my rear brakes however I need the brembo parking brake harness. My standard range harness won’t work. I have the calipers, rotors and all I need is # 1 & 2 parts below. I was wondering if anyone have them ? I have tried Tesla but it takes forever for me to get a response from them and based on reviews I’ve seen, they make a fuss about selling parts to you that did not originally come with the car. I just got the calipers painted but now I’m stuck.

1. Rear MY Part #s:
    1. WIRE COMP R,EPB - PLUS(1098481-00-C)
    2. WIRE COMP L,EPB - PLUS(1098480-00-C)
    3. Performance Rear Calipers: (1044643-00-F & 1044644-00-F)
    4. Performance Rear Rotors: (1044636-00-D) x2

Attachments

• IMG_3102.jpeg
    IMG_3102.jpeg
    345.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_3101.jpeg
    IMG_3101.jpeg
    473.9 KB · Views: 165
Let us know how it goes. Hopefully it should be easy!
Do you know if the harness connection into the Tesla is different for the parking brake harness for the calipers (Mando rear vs brembo rear)? I ask because I noticed the harness is different in regards to the connection to the calipers but was wondering would the connector to the car be different itself

Reactions: hyp36rmax
@fiehlsport i got word from Tesla reps and they said NO to me purchasing the jumper from them for the performance calipers. I went with my second option and purchased a rear performance set with calipers and all the wires connected.View attachment 965015
Isn’t that set the ‘23 rear calipers with the normal mando calipers with the covers? I don’t think those ones have a specific “perfomance” model harness as the calipers are the same as the LR just painted with covers.

I was wondering if that set sold on eBay because I didn’t see it anymore and had been looking at it but it seemed overpriced.

Isn’t that set the ‘23 rear calipers with the normal mando calipers with the covers? I don’t think those ones have a specific “perfomance” model harness as the calipers are the same as the LR just painted with covers.

I was wondering if that set sold on eBay because I didn’t see it anymore and had been looking at it but it seemed overpriced.
@lolsups that is correct. It’s the same harness/ jumper as the regular LR just with painted covers. I had no choice as Tesla did not want to sell me the jumper I needed for the performance brembo rear calipers. I cut a deal with the guy selling them and purchased the rear calipers only with all the wires attached. I basically just paid for brand new Mando calipers with a cover. Since the front brembo was already painted I wanted the calipers to look good in the rear as well. I do not like the Mando plain caliper look, so I bought what Tesla calls the 23 rear performance with covers.

Reactions: lolsups
@lolsups that is correct. It’s the same harness/ jumper as the regular LR just with painted covers. I had no choice as Tesla did not want to sell me the jumper I needed for the performance brembo rear calipers. I cut a deal with the guy selling them and purchased the rear calipers only with all the wires attached. I basically just paid for brand new Mando calipers with a cover. Since the front brembo was already painted I wanted the calipers to look good in the rear as well. I do not like the Mando plain caliper look, so I bought what Tesla calls the 23 rear performance with covers.
Ahh ya that makes sense then. I thought you were trying to just use the harness to use with the brembo rear brakes. I’d like to just use the mando performance caliper also since I don’t like and of the covers and I want to paint my calipers but don’t like the bare look. That’s cool he split the rear calipers I was contemplating asking him but then I saw the listing gone.

Ahh ya that makes sense then. I thought you were trying to just use the harness to use with the brembo rear brakes. I’d like to just use the mando performance caliper also since I don’t like and of the covers and I want to paint my calipers but don’t like the bare look. That’s cool he split the rear calipers I was contemplating asking him but then I saw the listing gone.
@lolsups he was hard to reach but I ended up getting his phone number from his assistant. She was monitoring the post and I ended up just cutting a deal from there once I made contact. Tesla does not make it easy to get parts if your vin does not match what you’re trying to get. As the customer, I should be allowed to buy what I want for my vehicle. If I mess something up, it’s on me.

Reactions: lolsups
@lolsups he was hard to reach but I ended up getting his phone number from his assistant. She was monitoring the post and I ended up just cutting a deal from there once I made contact. Tesla does not make it easy to get parts if your vin does not match what you’re trying to get. As the customer, I should be allowed to buy what I want for my vehicle. If I mess something up, it’s on me.
Do you have the part numbers for the mando performance rear calipers?

Reactions: hyp36rmax
In an ideal world, yes... a customer would own up to their own mistakes.

But we don't live in such a world. The world we live in, people mess up and then some try to pass the blame to someone else and make them pay for it. Is those "some" that are more than enough reason for Tesla to limit availability.

Seen an example on this forum... seen some on previous car forums I visited. Seen on the internet in general. So yeah.

In an ideal world, yes... a customer would own up to their own mistakes.

But we don't live in such a world. The world we live in, people mess up and then some try to pass the blame to someone else and make them pay for it. Is those "some" that are more than enough reason for Tesla to limit availability.

Seen an example on this forum... seen some on previous car forums I visited. Seen on the internet in general. So yeah.
Yea I figured this much as well. That’s why I did not force it and said Okay when they said NO.

I was looking to swap my 23 mylr to myp brake calipers as well.

Does anyone know if this got easier with the 23 being almost the same just painted red? Or will I need the rotors and wires as well?

TYIA
The rotors and wires are all the same. You won’t need to change them. I just added the new Mando rear calipers with the covers and did not need to change anything else. Easy swap

Attachments

• IMG_3689.jpeg
    IMG_3689.jpeg
    902.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3690.jpeg
    IMG_3690.jpeg
    866.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3692.jpeg
    IMG_3692.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 100
The rotors and wires are all the same. You won’t need to change them. I just added the new Mando rear calipers with the covers and did not need to change anything else. Easy swap

So for a 2023 Model Y Long range the front caliperss are a straight swap and the rears you'd need the complete set because the covers dont bolt to the existing calipers?

Did you get the full part list for this ?