Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla M3, during rainy season, creates water poodle in garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a KIA minivan (10 yrs old and a Tesla 2023 M3SR. It's now rainy season in California. I notice that , after driving in the rain then park the car in the garage,
both cars pour quite some water on the floor. The Tesla pours quite a lot more than the KIA minivan.
I also had a 2007 Honda Accord and remembered that it also pour little water.
The Tesla M3SR bring in much more water in the garage.
Does anyone have similar observations ?

Likely year round the ac runs after park to dehumidify and reduce complaints about dirty socks. Probably did not see much in the dry summer months, but now, poodle galore.
Only the fan runs, not the AC.

Speaking of dehumidification, I’ve found it’s helpful to run a dehumidifier in our garage to dry out the rain puddles. Pacific Northwest life.

1703880784395.png

I have a KIA minivan (10 yrs old and a Tesla 2023 M3SR. It's now rainy season in California. I notice that , after driving in the rain then park the car in the garage,
both cars pour quite some water on the floor. The Tesla pours quite a lot more than the KIA minivan.
I also had a 2007 Honda Accord and remembered that it also pour little water.
The Tesla M3SR bring in much more water in the garage.
Does anyone have similar observations ?
The same thing happens after a car wash, what I usually do (given my driveway is sloped upwards), is slowly pulling in with rear wheels on the edge of the entrance and stop there for a minute or so to let some of the water drain. Even doing so, there will still be some water in the garage.

The reason is because the whole bottom of the car has aero shields, which collect the water. Tesla already changed the design to let the water drain better (given earlier examples has the rear bumper getting pulled off), but it still will not be the same as a car without aero shields.

Even ICE cars today are starting to add aero shields, so the same thing may happen. While it is true the hot engine and exhaust does help the water evaporate, I think the aero shield still contributes more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dangerous Fish