Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in the Pikes Peak hill climb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Pikes Peak hill climb is tomorrow (Sunday June 27, 2021). Two Tesla's are running in the exhibition class. Randy Pobst in a Model S Plaid, Dai Yoshihara in a Model 3.

Look for Randy Pobst's YouTube channel and you'll find several of their practice videos from this week.

The weather forecast is calling for a chance of rain and/or snow. Pobst has said he feels the Tesla has a good chance of being the overall winner if it rains.

The exhibition class (which includes the Tesla's) starts at 8 am Sunday morning and will be live cast at:

https://www.youtube.com/mobil1

I've been following Pobst since he wrecked the first car. Impossible not to like the guy.

The Plaid is FAST. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pobst break 10 min tomorrow. The hardest part of driving those cars seems to me to be the sirens.

Reactions: Sam1
I've been following Pobst since he wrecked the first car. Impossible not to like the guy.

The Plaid is FAST. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pobst break 10 min tomorrow. The hardest part of driving those cars seems to me to be the sirens.

Randy said the other night that he can't hear the siren inside the car, it's not only not a distraction, he just doesn't hear it over the tire noise/wind noise.

Reactions: SDBob
Randy said the other night that he can't hear the siren inside the car, it's not only not a distraction, he just doesn't hear it over the tire noise/wind noise.
Good to know. I watched him run a section yesterday and he forgot to turn it on.

They blew an o-ring on one of the Bilsteins up front last night, having to FLY IN a replacement. Today is the day Unplugged Performance/Musk/Poebst/ change racing forever. In a 4-door passenger car.

Yeah, a little disappointed they couldn't run the whole course. Still, it'll be the same course for all today.

I'm glad Pobst got first in his class. Looking forward to his wrap up video on his YouTube channel later today.

I wonder what happened to the Dai Yoshihara Model 3? He was slow, at 11:41. Must have been a mechanical problem.

The third Tesla, a Model 3 with Joshua Allen, turned a 8:16 for fifth out of eight.

More than pretty good -- exceptional. How much did the Plaid beat the production Porsches by again ? ;)

And they also converted a new platform into a track-oriented vehicle in a matter of days, with fractional experience on the setup compared to some of these vehicles that have been built for years, and the same drivers have that much experience with those cars too. Really wish it was the full track just out of curiosity, but what happened there today was exactly what you said 'exceptional'.

I too was pissed that it wasn't the full run - took me a moment to understand what was going on.

It's only a matter of time before EVs become the most dominant force in any Time Attack, anywhere... Just watch the Pikes Peak ID.R run. We're entering an entirely new era of performance, and it's only getting started.

Reactions: SDBob