Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla hits center divider, keeps on going.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s going to be ugly....left side damage will cost $$$$. Wonder what happened? My guess....texting.....no hands on wheel....Blue AP flash and Autopilot disengaged while still texting. Drifted into wall assuming AP was engaged. Then their wake up call. But who knows...glad they’re ok.

Ski

Reactions: OPRCE
I use autopilot as much as possible but sometimes I'll put on just the cruise control on then forget that is not autopilot and find myself drifting out on my lane. I wonder if that's what happened here.

this has happened to me, but never to the point where any part of my car leaves my lane. You really have to have your eyes off the road for something like that (in the video) to happen.

Reactions: BobAbooey
OMG I feel for that Model 3 owner. Very happy he/she was okay but that had to have been so scary when they hit the wall. Would not want to see what the side of their car looked like. The lane line when they deviated towards the center divider looked clear and unbroken so would agree not on EAP.