Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EV Tax Credits coming back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will be your final. So, if you do not click "I am ready now", Tesla will most likely cancel your order and take your $100 or $250.
They didn’t mention clicking the I‘m ready button, just that I needed to respond to order support.
05C8D351-C1D9-48E4-B965-8E670E3EF5CB.jpeg

Attachments

• 712145F5-126F-4C62-8B66-EBDBF73A2882.jpeg
    712145F5-126F-4C62-8B66-EBDBF73A2882.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 70
Given that Pelosi has publicly stated she's secured support of Manchin and Sinema, unless the more progressive members of the Senate block, it seems pretty likely that it'll pass.

Even if the Senate makes some changes, the EV aspect in particular doesn't seem to be drawing a lot of fire other than the union labor element. There is a potential that particular aspect gets changed or perhaps even scrapped, which would either be a noop or a $4500 boon for Tesla buyers.

Pelosi says crap that isn't true all the time especially when it comes to this bill, i wouldnt put too much stock into that NYT fluff piece, Manchin and Sinema haven't committed to anything yet. In fact they haven't even started negotiations with them yet.

They didn’t mention clicking the I‘m ready button, just that I needed to respond to order support.
View attachment 736270

I received the same email this morning.....
You might find this post on another thread helpful though ymmv depending on your SA but it may be worth multiple tries.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
You might find this post on another thread helpful though ymmv depending on your SA but it may be worth multiple tries.

ThAnks for sharing this. I replied to the email and also notified my SA. Hopefully I hear back tomorrow and I am good to go.

• Informative
Tesla has a strong incentive to deliver as many ordered cars as possible by EOY. Imagine they will have little incentive to move thousands of deliveries into next year for people wanting to game the incentives. With strong demand for their cars I imagine they will want people to cancel and reorder at the newer higher prices if they cannot accept deliveries when available. They may simply put those delaying to the back of the line and deliver to those more eager to take delivery.

I also realize buyers have their own strong incentive to put things off, sometimes for a long time awaiting fresh incentives or to get the latest and greatest configuration with all the updates. Some even want to wait for the next generation of batteries or some such new features.

Right now I imagine that there are Tesla internal discussions on how to meet their EOY delivery goals and still deal with potential governmental upcoming potential regulations. Probably too late to send thousands of cars to Europe to still be delivered by EOY.

Tesla has a strong incentive to deliver as many ordered cars as possible by EOY. Imagine they will have little incentive to move thousands of deliveries into next year for people wanting to game the incentives. With strong demand for their cars I imagine they will want people to cancel and reorder at the newer higher prices if they cannot accept deliveries when available. They may simply put those delaying to the back of the line and deliver to those more eager to take delivery.

I also realize buyers have their own strong incentive to put things off, sometimes for a long time awaiting fresh incentives or to get the latest and greatest configuration with all the updates. Some even want to wait for the next generation of batteries or some such new features.

Right now I imagine that there are Tesla internal discussions on how to meet their EOY delivery goals and still deal with potential governmental upcoming potential regulations. Probably too late to send thousands of cars to Europe to still be delivered by EOY.
I dunno, I really don't think it is that big a deal for Tesla. They have a TON of demand and many people want/need a car today. I've been following the monster MY delivery times thread and a minuscule fraction of folks on their are actually trying to put orders on hold or fretting about their EDDs moving up into Nov/Dec. Most are thrilled for dates to move up and are happily accepting delivery. Also, all the paralysis surrounding passing this legislation has helped Tesla as many folks are skeptical about any incentive passing at all and are going ahead with their orders.

The easiest thing for Tesla to do is to not change anything with their processes if they can still fill orders. If a subset of people play musical chairs, it really doesn't impact them much at the moment as cars are still being snapped up right away.

Pelosi says crap that isn't true all the time especially when it comes to this bill, i wouldnt put too much stock into that NYT fluff piece, Manchin and Sinema haven't committed to anything yet. In fact they haven't even started negotiations with them yet.

I'm pretty optimistic something will pass, and again am focusing on the EV aspect as being low drama compared with other sections of the bill that may be excised and dealt with separately later.

• Funny
I’ve been wondering the same thing about that thread. For everyone that says they have a car on hold, there are at least 10 that are so excited they have an EDD in December. (That’s a very non scientific estimate by the way.) I would have expected the reverse.
I think many people are clueless or don't care. I know a guy that has a December delivery date and does not think it's worth waiting another month for $8k. He wasn't aware of the credit until I mentioned it after he ordered. He makes <$100K/yr. I also overheard a long conversation in a waiting room recently about gas prices and the couple ended up saying they're going to order a new Model 3. At no point did they mention incentives. To me, it feels like I'm in the minority of people who are following this.

I’ve been wondering the same thing about that thread. For everyone that says they have a car on hold, there are at least 10 that are so excited they have an EDD in December. (That’s a very non scientific estimate by the way.) I would have expected the reverse.

It's somewhat akin to people who conclude that a particular device is unreliable because that is all they read on their fav forum "broken-devices.com"

• Funny
It's somewhat akin to people who conclude that a particular device is unreliable because that is all they read on their fav forum "broken-devices.com"
I get your point, it’s a thread for people excited to get their new car. Still, very few seem to be on the fence about whether they should put their order on hold for a few weeks. The reality could very well be that most are delaying their order and just not posting about it.

I think the Dems know if they don’t pass it now it becomes even harder next year as we get into the midterm elections. Might motivate them to pass by end of the year.
Sinema has had some pretty terrible polls come out in AZ recently, so should be motivated to help get BBB passed (or at least only be a small speedbump). Manchin is the real wildcard...hopefully POTUS Joe can get WV Joe on board.

And you think that sample is representative ?
I don't really think it's too biased. I've been following that thread well before most people even knew about potential EV tax incentives and even as EV credit discussion and info became more widespread, it's had a pretty minimal impact on the majority of folks on that thread. There definitely are those like me who have been playing the long game (I ordered in April and have been waiting patiently to see if anything happens with the incentives), but we are a very small minority on there. Even on this thread, which should be heavily biased to those like me, there are folks who either weren't really aware about any of this stuff and accepted deliveries or others who have had other reasons to take up their orders right away.

And that's setting aside the fact that a very small section of the average consumers who aren't obsessively reading forums/reddit even know anything about BBB and the potential for EV incentives for Tesla. If anything, the sampling here should be more biased towards those who might be influenced to put a hold on their orders because there is lots of discussion about the incentives on many threads and that stuff is inescapable. In the real world, the Venn diagram intersection of people with Tesla orders, who don't need a car asap, who actually are even aware of potential EV incentives, trust the legislation to pass, and have the patience to not give into the desire for instant gratification isn't all that large imo. And I don't think I'm wrong on that front as Tesla really hasn't had to make any drastic changes to how they are operating and nothing related has made the news either.

Sinema has had some pretty terrible polls come out in AZ recently, so should be motivated to help get BBB passed (or at least only be a small speedbump). Manchin is the real wildcard...hopefully POTUS Joe can get WV Joe on board.
Joe likes to be the center of attention so he’s living this up. He will play ball on most anything except coal as that will hurt his wallet.

Out of the gate, you are relying on a self-selected group that participate in TMC.
Then you select for a sub-group of TMC that obsess over delivery dates *on* TMC
Sure, but you ignored the rest of my post. Some sampling is better than none. Across that and other forum threads here, a minority of folks are actually putting orders on hold for the off chance it passes. Also most here are heavily biased to being aware of the incentives compared to the average population . Claiming this is a bigger issue with no data or sampling isn't very convincing either...

• Funny