Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Customer Town Hall Meeting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Martin - Gracious as always

Elon's only comment about my departure was benign, noting that my "personality and attitude" are better suited to running startup-phase companies than larger companies. Generally I agree with with this assessment, though as I have stated before, I would have been happy to have continued to contribute to the growth of Tesla Motors and the delivery of the Roadster in another capacity besides as CEO.

As fresh as the issue is, Mr. Eberhard attended the Town Hall as a customer, heard Mr. Musk's weak excuse about his "departure", then reiterated his willingness to help Tesla Motors succeed, then said what a great team they are and wished them the best. What a gentleman! Absolutely a class act.

I'll still hoping Tesla will lead the revolution in electric vehicles, but I have the same underlying disappointed, discouraged feeling that is evident here and on the teslamotors.com blog comments. I have developed a visceral dislike of Elon the Egotistical. Maybe Ze'ev will prove himself to be a real human by writing a series of blogs, extolling the virtues of his company's product and allowing Tesla Motors fans to get to know him. Maybe.

Has anybody pointed out the odd coincidence that Ze'ev is the head of an EV company? Probably, but I haven't noticed any comments about it.

Has anybody pointed out the odd coincidence that Ze'ev is the head of an EV company? Probably, but I haven't noticed any comments about it.

Yeah, I did over here.

Perhaps that is just obvious, or not particularly interesting and we just lack tact for bothering to point it out...

My addiction to these blogs has had me say "sometimes I spend too much time connecting dots that don't need connecting."

I think I get a chuckle now and then for some of them, but probably get yawns, and "how gauche" for a lot of them too.

Yeah, I did over here.

Perhaps that is just obvious, or not particularly interesting and we just lack tact for bothering to point it out...

My addiction to these blogs has had me say "sometimes I spend too much time connecting dots that don't need connecting."

I think I get a chuckle now and then for some of them, but probably get yawns, and "how gauche" for a lot of them too.

I chuckled.

And I've also decided that if Tesla is really going to start using the abominable term "Range Extended Electric Vehicle", it should be written as Re'ev.

Albuquerque status

Thought this was an interesting post at Tesla's blog:

Jeff P. wrote on January 4th, 2008 at 6:21 pm
Just reported on the 6pm news tonight in Albuquerque that Tesla will be maintaining the “sedan” manufacturing site at it’s original size of 155,000 sq ft. FYI - No progress on the site so far from what I’ve seen. Got my sleeves rolled up to help out when someone gives the go-ahead.

Guess that means no expansion.