Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla crashes into townhouse in North York

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
The neighbours have been complaining about speeding. Fortunately no casualties. I recently read on the web, some report claiming that Tesla drivers have the worse driving record. Pretty sad statement. I guess not hearing a high revving engine when speeding, has its drawbacks.

Mods, if you choose to delete or move, I’m totally fine with that. I am not trying to glorify this in any way.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Would be interesting to see these stats broken down further...by model (esp for Tesla) and by owner type. Traditionally, fast and fast accelerating cars came at a price and were/are very inefficient. If you played, you paid. Both in upfront, insurance, maintenance and fuel costs. Cost effective EV's are breaking that paradigm and placing very fast vehicles in the hands of people that are ill-equipped to properly handle them safely.

We fast track driver licensing. How do these stats compare to other countries such as Germany where it's harder (tests) to obtain a license?

That said, we'd all probably be well advised to exercise more care. Lets get those Tesla rates down in 2024! Track it instead.

Would be interesting to see these stats broken down further...by model (esp for Tesla) and by owner type. Traditionally, fast and fast accelerating cars came at a price and were/are very inefficient. If you played, you paid. Both in upfront, insurance, maintenance and fuel costs. Cost effective EV's are breaking that paradigm and placing very fast vehicles in the hands of people that are ill-equipped to properly handle them safely.

We fast track driver licensing. How do these stats compare to other countries such as Germany where it's harder (tests) to obtain a license?

That said, we'd all probably be well advised to exercise more care. Lets get those Tesla rates down in 2024! Track it instead.
Very true! This latest accident, was apparently caused by a 17-year-old driver (Toronto star], this morning. I suspect that, although the numbers are not broken down, they probably reflect more along the lines of all manners of ages, carelessness, and speeding time will tell.

Reactions: KevinT3141
Found it:

We should stop propagating the lies.

That article is based on a false study. They took stats from an inurance quote provider service. All the stats prove is that lots of people requested insurance quotes that claimed to own a Tesla and had been in an accident.

It could've been bots who requested those quotes (or a legacy auto shill).

There's no real evidence that proves Tesla drivers have been in more accidents.

Last edited:
We should stop propagating the lies.

That article is based on a false study. They took stats from an inurance quote provider service. All the stats prove is that lots of people requested insurance quotes that claimed to own a Tesla and had been in a accident.

It could've been bots who requested those quotes (or a legacy auto shill).

There's no real evidence that proves Tesla drivers have been in more accidents.
I believe that. Lot of haters out there.