Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla asking for votes on SuperCharger locations [UK and Ireland]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And quoting the page Supercharger Voting | Tesla
How It Works
Vote on Tesla’s next Supercharger site. Every 3-month voting cycle, you can cast multiple votes to help us decide on new Supercharger locations. Check the leaderboard to see which proposed locations are most popular.
By casting your vote, you agree that Tesla may follow up and contact you regarding Supercharging.

Step 1: Cast Your Votes
Cast a total of 5 votes (1 per location) for proposed Supercharger sites.

Step 2: Suggest a Location for the Next Voting Cycle
Suggest a new Supercharger site for the next voting cycle.

I dont know why they would need a vote on this other than publicity.

They already have the data of where cars are and when and where they have charged on route and type of charger used.
What they don’t know is where the cars would be charged but aren’t because there isn’t a charger available, I suppose…

Some people rule out certain areas to visit because of the lack of rapid charging. There will be no data on these.
Exactly and you'd think tourist type areas would be lobbying for chargers. Large swathes of Wales and Scotland with devolved gov just making sound bites instead of anything useful. Bala, Canaerfon, Llandrindod Wells, Brecon, Cardigan would all be good candidates for the next stage rollout

Some people rule out certain areas to visit because of the lack of rapid charging. There will be no data on these.
Exactly, Tesla only needs to look at where Teslas don't go and where there are no chargers nearby. This is a textbook case for survivorship bias. Survivorship bias - Wikipedia

In my opinion, this is why Malton on the east coast is a very good suggestion.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Ahh, like Gloucester services. Good food and charging. Now that’s a combination.
Sadly as somebody who uses the M50 and then the M5, Gloucester services for the Gridserve chargers are too far south. Strensham would cover both the M5 and the M50 run in to Wales. Of course, the state of charging in Wales is another issue entirely. There's a planned supercharger in Camarthen opening "Q32022" (hah!), but they also need coverage out by Haverfordwest, most of North Wales (Caernarvon/Bangor/Portmadoch etc) and the entire central Wales belt. It's a massive black hole currently.

the top votes are always going to be in the US or main land Europe etc due to volume of people unless someone starts a viral campaign for a for location so will this be of any benefit in the UK. Since there are not many possible in the UK the 3 in England are all likely to get similar votes ( since you get 5) so it won't even help tesla chose between locations in the UK

What address was used for Strensham Interchange? I tried and it wouldn't let me suggest it. It's an absolute no brainer. I checked with Worcester division of the DNO, WPD or whatever they're called now and they said they won't be increasing capacity around there at all :mad: I thought there was money to do exactly that as plenty of MSAs need extra power.