Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Updated (2.7.3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
Just noticed on iTunes that the Tesla app was updated an hour or so ago.

iTunes says:

+++++
What's New in Version 2.7.3 Posted Mar 15, 2016
-Support for Traditional Chinese
-Minor fixes and improvements
+++++

Any ideas what the "inor fixes and improvements" are?

My Tesla mobile app hasn't worked in over a week. I hope they fixed it and I will download a new version. I use the Android version. Each time I have tried to sign in the error message says it cannot be reached at this time. I would like to have it working again.

My Tesla mobile app hasn't worked in over a week. I hope they fixed it and I will download a new version. I use the Android version. Each time I have tried to sign in the error message says it cannot be reached at this time. I would like to have it working again.

FWIW I tried the updated app and it immediately connected to the car (always a delay before), allowed me to honk the horn and then connect to climate control (those also used to have delays). Don't know if related but just before trying the app I updated the iPhone's iOS.

I have found Summon to be annoyingly inconsistent. Most of the time when I want to use it, it tells me I'm too far from the car even though I'm right beside it. Sometimes I'm nearby but too far to see the car, like in a building a few floors up, or at home in my bedroom, and it gives me the blue buttons.

Is this true or just a (funny) joke?

A joke!

Yes, but just once. Seems to happen occasionally to me every few weeks, no different than some other apps where they ask for logon credentials to occasionally be reentered to refresh tokens or as part of their security procedures.

For me it never happened on the previous versions but happened twice each within a few days on both iPad and iPhone. It's almost as if Tesla is resetting tokens for some reason.