Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla API lets people control your car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! I recently ordered my first Tesla a 2022 Model 3 Performance.

I'm a software dev, so naturally, I was curious to play around with Tesla's API. Turns out there is an API that has been reverse engineered.

Just a heads up, turn on MFA on your Tesla.com account if you haven't already. Because of how the API works, if someone does crack your login email/password, they pretty much have control of your car.

Anyways, I'd love it if you give the video a watch, and leave a comment or like if you're interested. Thank you!

• Disagree
Reactions: israndy
This is how almost every third party tesla app works, so this is well known (extremely so) at this point.

Providing any of those apps a token will give them access to do anything you can do with the tesla app. Just based on your snippet of "hacking the tesla api", and the super clickbait type title of "hack a tesla with a TOP SECRET Tesl (not sure what it says after that because Its cut off), it appears you are going for clicks vs providing any actual new information.

Reactions: israndy
Just trying to make content more than anything. The video is more of an advanced walkthrough of the code I built for a simple dashboard application with the Tesla API. Nothing groundbreaking, but anyone who hasn't seen a thorough rundown of an integration with it, and is interested in software should enjoy the video!

Also, I should say that as a new Model 3 owner, I personally wasn't aware of it until I began investigating into the API. Other new owners may find it informative.

Thank you for your comment!