Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes new wireless charging pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally received a response from Nomad and they are not reducing their price after removing the battery in their version 2. I also requested cancellation.

Does Tapte have a large enough lower lip to prevent your phone from sliding down?

Last edited:
so nomad over charges you to get nice lenses for their DSLRs to take super hipster pictures. got it.

The more i look at nomads site the more i realize how blatant they are ripping their customer off. $35 for a lightening cable? $45 for a iphone case lol

Reactions: JeffK
so nomad over charges you to get nice lenses for their DSLRs to take super hipster pictures. got it.

The more i look at nomads site the more i realize how blatant they are ripping their customer off. $35 for a lightening cable? $45 for a iphone case lol

Then don't buy their stuff.

Bizarre that you are irate that they are "ripping you off" when Apple charges even more for their accessories.

I want a nice looking wireless charger for my watch and iphone. Nomad makes one for $99. Expensive, but Apple's multi-device charging pad if it ever shows up is supposed to cost upwards of $200.

Reactions: e-FTW
Welcome to America! Capitalism at its best. Ill stick with the Nomad. It might be a tad more money but Ive contacted them a few times and their customer service is worth it to me. They are the pioneer of these pads so Im ok with the few extra bucks Im spending.

Reactions: e-FTW
Lightening cable from apple is $19. Also I expect Apple to rip me off no one is arguing that apple doesnt do that, you pay for the design and logo. Nomad on the other hand is trying to convince its customers its making something unique and special when its just not.

You are correct, i will not be buying anything from them.

I agree, vote with your money. And I agree the price difference is quite large, especially since the battery was removed in the Nomad. But research at least a little.

A simple check of each company's website and their “About Us” section is informative:

NOMAD® | About

Professional Wholesaler and Wholesale of Tesla Accessories

I like how the one actually has drawings of Teslas. Not sure what I am supposed to get from a guy who dropped his surfboard on the road.

• Funny
Reactions: Runebane