Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tan and grey old-gen seats discontinued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope that changes because I would really not want the sport side bolsters. For me, been there done that, I want comfort when I order next year.
Simple solution, order Tan next-gen, come over to my house and swap for my old tan standard seats ;)
I liked the next-gen seats when I tried them, but buying an inventory car I didn't get the choice, and the upgrade pricing is a little high.

I'm actually only half joking about the swap, I'd love to find someone local willing to do that, though I have a feeling I'd have to kick in a bit of cash, hopefully not as much as Tesla wants!

Simple solution, order Tan next-gen, come over to my house and swap for my old tan standard seats ;)
I liked the next-gen seats when I tried them, but buying an inventory car I didn't get the choice, and the upgrade pricing is a little high.

I'm actually only half joking about the swap, I'd love to find someone local willing to do that, though I have a feeling I'd have to kick in a bit of cash, hopefully not as much as Tesla wants!

From what I read here (could be wrong) it's not just a simple swap. It's motors, airbags, etc. that need modification/swapping hence the high expense as a retrofit. Take it with a grain of salt.

How is sliding out of your seat versus being held like baby in his mama's arms "comfort"?

My footballers build doesn't slide out of my standard seats, but I can definitely feel the side bolster digging into my sides. If it was adjustable, it only needed to be slightly wider than they are on the current design to fit me. But that and the seat belts surprise me at the lack of adjustability.

One of the things keeping me happy in my current car is that you can't get the Next Gen seats in textile. That and the center LATCH. I'm not sure I'd give up either to upgrade, and I wouldn't buy the standard seats again either (lack of bolstering was my main complaint with the car since essentially day 1).