Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

t3grill.com Tesla 3 Grill (vinyl decal)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to the forums and this project started last august, but fell flat until last month. I ponied up and bought a bumper for a M3 last month and spent a few hours adjusting and correcting my templates. I actually created these prior me purchasing a M3, which I ordered Monday and probably will not receive until Mid July.

Background: I have wrapped just about everything. Google Map cars, Standford University Football trailer, Levi's Stadium, Golden State Warriors 1st Championship parade buses, IBM, Paypal, Softbank and wrap public buses on the nightly. I have been in the vinyl game for 12years and finally have something to present as my own.

I was repulsed when I saw the design of the 3 had no front grill of any type and reminds me of a manikin. Flash forward a year later I have now convinced myself that I may have designed an answer (for me atleast), the t3grill.

Designs/Colors: there is an infinite amount of colors and I can customize it anyway one would like if you know anything about lineart. Anyways this is my gf's mom car, and she decided to chose pearl white on her blue and this is what we got. I am very happy of how it installed and looked, but the colors clash so hard that I will be changing it out with a brushed steel one. She is my only example I have at moment.

I am located in Concord (SF Bay), CA and will be offering some free grills, as "TESLA" grills will not be sell-able as trademark/copyright issues, but have other designs ready to go.

Attachments

• bluewhite.png
    bluewhite.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 417
  • grillz.jpg
    grillz.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 258
  • red-w-horizontal.png
    red-w-horizontal.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 253
  • red-w-script.png
    red-w-script.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
I totally agree, of course they don't need a grill. Shouldn't need wheels either, nor cup holders and having to charge. Just offering something new and I agree I do not have much to show for, but you'll see. Not many ways to customize the few colors available minus wrapping or changing wheels, which each cost $2000+. Also, I am offering to locals the chance to acquire one of these for free. The best part, I surveyed many non-owners about how they viewed the 3, and the grill seemed to flavor the Tesla 3 like salt on fries, almost necessary.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
that is cool. though i personally really like how the Model 3 doesn't have a grille (i like the front of it way better than Model S or X). it just looks very "clean" to me, and very sporty. and screams "i'm different" (in a good way).

i can see what you mean though, in one sense it looks like it doesn't have a "mouth" i guess. i like that though

i would never use these as i think the front looks great without a grill. that said the TESLA version is awful, it added a "bro rolling coal pickup truck" vibe. the grill look is one of the better stick ons i've seen though. good work either way, just because i dont like it doesnt mean someone else wont.

Status
Not open for further replies.