Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is significant that on the recent TM blog post comparing range of various models, they openly state that the 19" Cyclone wheel is the most efficient/farthest range. The 19" Cyclone is the closest approximation of a 19" turbine, which is not offered by TM.

My winter setup: 255 at the back and 245 at the front(255 didn't fit there:crying:)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Tsportline, have you had reports of front tires rubbing when switched out?

I had my OEM 19's switched out with the Tsportline silvers, and when backing up and turning the wheel they rub (enough to make bystanders turn around and wonder what that awful noise was). I know they set slightly farther out.

I know it will be pointless to bring this up to the service center because they will say its because of aftermarket wheels. Just wondering if you have any tips on how to correct it?

@JMG Although we haven't directly heard cases of this when swapping factory tires to our TST, here's a fix we employ on our company cars which are very low and run 21x9.0 front and 21x9.5 rear.

Tools: Heat gun. Roller.

Turn wheel full turn on side that is rubbing. You will see area which your tire is making contact with. Heat this area. Roll it.

With regards to our company cars, it's usually always 1 side and it's very minor rubbing. We know the awful noise you're referring to, but we haven't heard of this on 245/45-19".

Are you using factory Michelin or Goodyear?
Did you switch to a non-oe tire?

Tsportline, have you had reports of front tires rubbing when switched out?

I had my OEM 19's switched out with the Tsportline silvers, and when backing up and turning the wheel they rub (enough to make bystanders turn around and wonder what that awful noise was). I know they set slightly farther out.

I know it will be pointless to bring this up to the service center because they will say its because of aftermarket wheels. Just wondering if you have any tips on how to correct it?

@JMG Although we haven't directly heard cases of this when swapping factory tires to our TST, here's a fix we employ on our company cars which are very low and run 21x9.0 front and 21x9.5 rear.

Tools: Heat gun. Roller.

Turn wheel full turn on side that is rubbing. You will see area which your tire is making contact with. Heat this area. Roll it.

With regards to our company cars, it's usually always 1 side and it's very minor rubbing. We know the awful noise you're referring to, but we haven't heard of this on 245/45-19".

Are you using factory Michelin or Goodyear?
Did you switch to a non-oe tire?

Sorry forgot to come back and reply.

No I switched out the factory OEM tires. It only seems to be my front left tire and only when I"m backing out and cutting the wheels enough. It doesn't do it when driving forward for some reason.

I'll try the heat gun and roller method and see if I can fix it. Thanks!