Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor T Sportline 19x8.5" TST Wheels For Sale for the Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Test fitting my Winter wheels from TSportline and making sure the TPMS work. There'll be a post/video coming soon.

IMG_5103.JPG

IMG_5121.JPG

IMG_5130.JPG

IMG_5136.JPG

IMG_5139.JPG

IMG_5141.JPG

IMG_5148.JPG

I'm not a tire/wheel guy by any stretch, but "adding 750lbs" seems like an awful lot - that's 15% or so of the total vehicle weight. Can someone help me with the physics here? (Note that per another post it's 5mm per side rather than 10, so I'd also like to know how much difference that makes.)

I am interested in buying TST 19" Silver Turbines.
But I have to confess I do not understand this "adding 750 lbs" thing.
What does this mean ?
Is this a serious issue ? Or not ?

Thanks a lot for your clarifications.

David

I am interested in buying TST 19" Silver Turbines.
But I have to confess I do not understand this "adding 750 lbs" thing.
What does this mean ?
Is this a serious issue ? Or not ?

Thanks a lot for your clarifications.

David

Because the TST wheel sits 5mm further away from the bearings, the effect is the same as using a Tesla wheel with 750 lbs more weight on each bearing.

Think about holding a three foot stick with a 5 pound weight at the end. Now move the the same weight to a 6 foot stick - the force needed to keep the stick level is twice as high!

Because the TST wheel sits 5mm further away from the bearings, the effect is the same as using a Tesla wheel with 750 lbs more weight on each bearing.

Think about holding a three foot stick with a 5 pound weight at the end. Now move the the same weight to a 6 foot stick - the force needed to keep the stick level is twice as high!

Except it's not 750 lbs (it would at most be half of that -- see post #44 in this thread), and see post #101 in this thread for test results which (at least to my untrained eye) confirm that these rims will do just fine in any real world scenario. I just had grey TST 19" turbines put on my wife's blue MS 85, and they look awesome! The service from TST was also terrific. The whole process was very easy.

Well I've got 26k miles on mine now and they still look brand new and I've had 0 issues with the rims and my tires aren't even halfway worn soooo I either doubt your math or the offset has negligible effects on wear and tear. I don't drive like grandma either. I'm tough on them.

Tsportline
I have a Deep Blue Metallic and I can't decide between the gray, matte black, or gloss black...mostly because I can't seem to find any pictures of anything besides silver on the Blue.
Do you have any more pictures of the Deep Blue with gray, matte, or gloss wheels? I'd really like to get an order placed soon, but without being able to see any other option I might never decide which to choose lol.

Is there any issue with putting these on a P85+ since the stock tires are staggered?

I use the TSTs in the winter on my P85+. The stock P85+ wheels AND tires are staggered... so if you're replacing those with 4 19" TST rims and 19" tires, the P85+ staggered set up doesn't really come into play.

In fact I "un-staggered" my P85+ and put on 21"x8.5" rims in the rear with 245 tires so I could buy cheaper tires (Hankook) and I could rotate them front to back as well. No issues, of course.

I use the TSTs in the winter on my P85+. The stock P85+ wheels AND tires are staggered... so if you're replacing those with 4 19" TST rims and 19" tires, the P85+ staggered set up doesn't really come into play.

In fact I "un-staggered" my P85+ and put on 21"x8.5" rims in the rear with 245 tires so I could buy cheaper tires (Hankook) and I could rotate them front to back as well. No issues, of course.

Good to hear, I will likey end up unstaggering my 85+ due to the tire cost. The 19'' grey Tsports look very good, and a set of those with tires is cheaper than a new set of 21'' staggered tires....