Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

System redesign timeline?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered a solar assessment and after uploading the necessary documents, I got a design within 12 hours. At the time, they quoted a 83% energy offest, so I responded asking for a re-design that would allow for 100% energy offset. I got an e-mail saying i would get a e-mail/text when the new design was ready, however that was several days ago. Considering how quick the first design assessment was, I’m wondering if there is anything causing the delay or if I need to do something? Or am I just being impatient? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I attempted a re-design and it took SEVERAL weeks(and never happened). Im guessing you get pushed to the back of the line as they prioritize NEW designs. I got frustrated and had them stick to the original design, which im still waiting to get submitted for permits. Been a long process!

Upvote 0
I was told that the first design is all computer and no one actually looks at it, when you ask for a redesign an actual person actually looks at it and it takes a bit to get done. However, I also got very lucky and was able to chat with a very helpful advisor who helped me out and he did a redesign for me in 30 minutes. He said give me your email I will hang up and redesign it for you right now. 30 min later I went from a 7.2 kw with 70% offset to a 10kw at 100% offset the max I could go with my energy company. I am currently waiting for install and I cannot even speak with anyone anymore without requesting an appointment so YMMV, but I know it can be done because they did it for me. Best of luck

Upvote 0