Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switched 12v on a march/2020 model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I hope someone can help me here. I know there are many posts like this but none have helped me. I am trying to hardwire a radar and am having no luck. I can’t find the normally mentioned red wire in the big loom of cables but I have a ton of pink wires. I found a thin red one not in the main harness but a smaller one that’s running towards the firewall. I also see a red wire in the harness that has airbag warnings so surly that’s not what people are using. I tapped into the only thin obviously red wire but when I hit the break, no joy. I also tried various ground points as well. In the. If harness I see a really think red cable and two slaghtly smaller red wires but much larger then a mention 18ish awg wire.

Anyone run into issues and found a solution? I was outside for a few hours till I’ve lost more sweat then I know I could and still have an ugly cable running in front of me from the 12v outlet.

Hello,

I hope someone can help me here. I know there are many posts like this but none have helped me. I am trying to hardwire a radar and am having no luck. I can’t find the normally mentioned red wire in the big loom of cables but I have a ton of pink wires. I found a thin red one not in the main harness but a smaller one that’s running towards the firewall. I also see a red wire in the harness that has airbag warnings so surly that’s not what people are using. I tapped into the only thin obviously red wire but when I hit the break, no joy. I also tried various ground points as well. In the. If harness I see a really think red cable and two slaghtly smaller red wires but much larger then a mention 18ish awg wire.

Anyone run into issues and found a solution? I was outside for a few hours till I’ve lost more sweat then I know I could and still have an ugly cable running in front of me from the 12v outlet.
the Tesla service manuals are available online, is this not sufficient?