Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Noise Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. I noticed that my car started making this weird suspension noise a couple of weeks ago whenever I go over speed bumps or other rounded rough/uneven surfaces on the road on low/moderate speed; it's not as pronounced the faster I go, but it's definitely still there. I think it's mainly coming from the front, but it especially gets louder when I have more than just myself riding in the car.

I attached these recordings that show me going over some speed bumps. But as mentioned above, it also makes this noise when going over rough, uneven surfaces.

It didn't make this sound until after I installed MPP Comfort Coilovers a little over two weeks ago. I'm waiting to hear back from them about this noise. Until then, I wanted to get people's take on it for any ideas about what the noise could be.

Could you be more specific on the noise? If it’s the bellowing noise, then it’s most likely coming from black boot of the front damper. I had other cars with coilover does that. @MountainPass could chime in if that’s the case.

I'm not sure what you mean by being more specific. I can only hear one odd sound on the videos I posted. It sounds like metal creaking.