Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging Payment Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning,

Apologies for the silly question...

I got a new MY LR on Tuesday and went to user a Supercharger straight away as it arrived low on battery.

I signed up as a Member to get the cheap supercharger rate, but had to sign up as a 'Non-Tesla' driver as my app wasn't showing with my car (Took 10 hours after delivery to show)

I have since used a super charger again yesterday, however, I haven't been billed from the account for either sessions.

When is payment normally taken? It's been a few days and nothing!

Thanks

An invoice is normally generated more or less immediate. Do you have a payment card registered for SuperCharging in the app ?
Yep, I have two cards on there and a default one.

I have no emails or invoice and when I check the charging history in the app there is nothing there at all.

Just worried they'll all build up for a couple of months, then I'll get charged in one hit!

When I bought my MYP in June 2023 I used the Superchargers for over a month before they started charging. This was in addition the the credit relating to their requirement to deliver cars with lower charge. Now the charges show up immediately. Beforehand, even the charging sessions did not record on the app. Tesla never went back and charged me for my charging in the UK and France.

Morning,

I got a new MY LR on Tuesday and went to user a Supercharger straight away as it arrived low on battery.

I signed up as a Member to get the cheap supercharger rate, but had to sign up as a 'Non-Tesla' driver as my app wasn't showing with my car (Took 10 hours after delivery to show)

I have since used a super charger again yesterday, however, I haven't been billed from the account for either sessions.

Thanks
Delivery days are usually free SC, mine was - I didn't have app access on the day

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Morning,

Thanks
I appreciate that you charged as a non Tesla driver and thus your membership would have reduced the price a bit but now that you have the car on the app you don't need membership anymore.
Tesla owners get the lower prices without a membership, Membership is only for non Tesla's so unless you have other EV's to charge you need to cancel that ASAP or you are just wasting money.

I appreciate that you charged as a non Tesla driver and thus your membership would have reduced the price a bit but now that you have the car on the app you don't need membership anymore.
Tesla owners get the lower prices without a membership, Membership is only for non Tesla's so unless you have other EV's to charge you need to cancel that ASAP or you are just wasting money.
Hey, thanks for this, I made a mistake buying membership, I didn’t know we get the reduced rate anyway.

I had a blonde moment 😊

You're welcome. That is what forums are for.
Having rocked up 7 hours after your post I was actually rather surprised no one had already made the point. You just can't get the members these days I'm afraid 🤣

Reactions: Cantonalegod