Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging idleing fee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I recently brought my Tesla model 3 to a supercharger next to a mall. The location really doesn’t have many Tesla’s during the time I went there. My charging was completed in 30 min and immediately got a message saying that idleing fees may now start accumulating. Now my question is that should Tesla possibly improve this method by seeing when there are people at the supercharging. Now I understand if there is a line for people wanting to charge but if there is no cars in line I think you should be allowed to stay until there is a possible wait. What do you think?

That's already the case. There is no idle fee unless the station is at least 50% full, per the website (and the fee doubles when it's 100% full). You got a warning that your charging is finished, so you might get hit with an idle fee.

Now, prepare yourself for all those who will come in here and tell you that it's a charging station, not a parking lot.

Reactions: DOCAL
That's already the case. There is no idle fee unless the station is at least 50% full, per the website (and the fee doubles when it's 100% full). You got a warning that your charging is finished, so you might get hit with an idle fee.
You are right as far as that is the crystal clear policy published in writing on Tesla's own website and is what they should be adhering to. However, there seem to have been several instances in the past few months where Tesla's servers just have false garbage data showing the sites being mostly full, when in fact someone is the only car there out of 8 or 10 stalls, and some people have been charged erroneous idle fees based on Tesla's bad data. So as long as Tesla is following their own policy, it's pretty good and reasonable, but they do need to be held accountable to that.