Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Twin Falls, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This just in:

We are confirmed for a ribbon cutting and grand opening of the new Tesla Supercharger station at the Twin Falls Visitor Center on Wednesday, November 11 at 2:00pm. If your schedule allows, we'd love to have you here for the event. And please feel free to spread the word to your fellow Tesla owners!

Cheers!
Shawn

Shawn Barigar, IOM
President/CEO
Twin Falls Area Chamber of Commerce
2015 Neilsen Point Place, Suite 100
Twin Falls, ID 83301
Twin Falls Area Chamber of Commerce | Giving our members a strong voice, vision, and focused leadership to enhance the economic vitality and quality of life in our community.
phone: 208-733-3974
cell: 208-316-2956

Well, slightly embarrassing lack of turnout to the ribbon cutting. There were only two Teslas there. Dave Yaeger and his wife drove over from Ontario, and I came from Boise. But hey, bonus is that we didn’t have to share the two halves of the ribbon that they cut and gave to us as souvenirs. They had representatives from the chamber of commerce and the city, but no reps from Tesla there.

20151111_140311.jpg
20151111_140413.jpg

Attachments

• 20151111_140543.jpg
    20151111_140543.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 101
Sorry I couldn't have been there, it would have been fun to share the joy of the "final spike", as an earlier poster so aptly put it, in the Seattle - Salt Lake run. Thanks to the very friendly folks at the Chamber of Commerce/Visitor Center for their efforts on our behalf.

My wife and I bought our 85 from a third party in Phoenix and then drove to Tulsa to visit relatives. From there we drove all the way back up to the Seattle area. Far and Away the most beautiful supercharger on the route is the Twin Falls location. Wow, what a view! And every kind of store, restaurant, whatever you could want to close by. We also drove a few miles up to see Shoshone Falls after that. What a beautiful place. I grew up in the area so I knew about the Falls but didn't know about the charger until we were already on the way!

Reactions: ecrsail and taldric
Ditto on Patrick W's post above.

I had an opportunity to stop by an watch some BASE Jumping while I supercharged on a recent Sunday afternoon (Aug. 27). There was actually some sort of competition between several different jumping groups on that day.
After they jump (they aim for the target area below), they gather up their gear into a back pack and climb up the rocks to go out the bridge and do it all again.
This may have the combined most beautiful scenery on both sides of the bridge and interesting activity I have witnessed at a Supercharger location.

Dozens of kayaks on the river below, beautiful vistas in both directions.
Inside the Information Center is a LOT of information about the bridge, the area, the falls, local fish, an old stage coach, and actually chatted with a couple of the local Jumpers.

If you are going to be near this area during a nice day, definitely something to plan a little extra time to view and stroll around. Maybe even plan to spend some time on the water in kayak below the bridge.

Or for you really hardy activity guys, go take a jump.

Ditto on Patrick W's post above.

I had an opportunity to stop by an watch some BASE Jumping while I supercharged on a recent Sunday afternoon (Aug. 27). There was actually some sort of competition between several different jumping groups on that day.
After they jump (they aim for the target area below), they gather up their gear into a back pack and climb up the rocks to go out the bridge and do it all again.
This may have the combined most beautiful scenery on both sides of the bridge and interesting activity I have witnessed at a Supercharger location.

Dozens of kayaks on the river below, beautiful vistas in both directions.
Inside the Information Center is a LOT of information about the bridge, the area, the falls, local fish, an old stage coach, and actually chatted with a couple of the local Jumpers.

If you are going to be near this area during a nice day, definitely something to plan a little extra time to view and stroll around. Maybe even plan to spend some time on the water in kayak below the bridge.

Or for you really hardy activity guys, go take a jump.
And take time to visit Shoshone Falls, just east of town...

Reactions: goneskiian
And take time to visit Shoshone Falls, just east of town...
I did that with my cousin, who lives in Twin Falls, a few weeks ago and the falls are mostly "turned off" by irrigation diversions this time of the year. He said that March is a good time to see the whole Shoshone Falls in action, before irrigation season begins.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
For those that haven't had the opportunity to visit this unique supercharger location, here's a virtual tour. As others have already posted, this supercharger is worth visiting even if you don't need to charge!

The supercharger itself is admittedly somewhat ordinary:

twin-falls-id-supercharger.jpg

A short walk to the left of the image above and you can see the bridge over the Snake River that you just crossed to get here.

You probably didn't appreciate the bridge while crossing it as much as you do after seeing it from this vantage!

perrine-bridge.jpg

The above is the view looking east (upriver) in the afternoon. Here's what you see looking west (downriver):

snake-river-west.jpeg

If you are feeling adventurous, take a short walk out onto the bridge itself. Note: It's much windier out there on the bridge than it looks, and the bridge does shake!

perrine-bridge-peds.jpg

A look back at the Visitor Center where the supercharger is located just off to the left in the image below. Those who are not good with heights may prefer to take in the view from the overlook (center) and not venture out onto the bridge (from where the picture below was taken).

perrine-bridge-visitor-center.jpg

Those who are comfortable with heights might enjoy a look down from the bridge:

snake-river-kayakers.jpg

If you are especially lucky, you'll get to see this activity as well while you're supercharging:

base-jumper.jpg

Refer to video referenced in post above to see what happens next!

Let me put my vote in that this place by itself is a destination. We normally would not need to go here as our origin with a dryer plug is about 30 miles from here but further down the Snake River. But I slept in the other day, the car was covered in ice, there is a 800 foot climb, the battery was cold soaked and we expected a strong wind event en route (did not happen) so we decided to deviate to here for a range charge on the way to the Elko, NV SC.

We used the entire 40 minutes walking and sightseeing around the SC area and walkways up and down the river. If we could rate SC's based on features within proximity to them, this would get a 10. And I am sure we would have gotten a fast charge too (only ones there) but we were pretty close to max when we pulled in.

twin_falls_sc (Custom).jpg

Let me put my vote in that this place by itself is a destination. [...]

We used the entire 40 minutes walking and sightseeing around the SC area and walkways up and down the river. If we could rate SC's based on features within proximity to them, this would get a 10. And I am sure we would have gotten a fast charge too (only ones there) but we were pretty close to max when we pulled in.

I agree! Also I would recommend a stop by the Shoshone Falls if there is a decent amount of water flowing!

One way is to sign on the Skydive Utah page and watch for posts about "heading to the bridge". We have people up there all the time when they're not jumping out of airplanes here.

Thanks! Will see if this works...

For those that haven't had the opportunity to visit this unique supercharger location, here's a virtual tour. As others have already posted, this supercharger is worth visiting even if you don't need to charge!

The supercharger itself is admittedly somewhat ordinary:

View attachment 246756

A short walk to the left of the image above and you can see the bridge over the Snake River that you just crossed to get here.

You probably didn't appreciate the bridge while crossing it as much as you do after seeing it from this vantage!

View attachment 246757

The above is the view looking east (upriver) in the afternoon. Here's what you see looking west (downriver):

View attachment 246758

If you are feeling adventurous, take a short walk out onto the bridge itself. Note: It's much windier out there on the bridge than it looks, and the bridge does shake!

View attachment 246759

A look back at the Visitor Center where the supercharger is located just off to the left in the image below. Those who are not good with heights may prefer to take in the view from the overlook (center) and not venture out onto the bridge (from where the picture below was taken).

View attachment 246760

Those who are comfortable with heights might enjoy a look down from the bridge:

View attachment 246763

If you are especially lucky, you'll get to see this activity as well while you're supercharging:

View attachment 246764

Refer to video referenced in post above to see what happens next!
Charging here now. When I first came to the bridge, I said wtf? I had no idea that was there!!!!! Scary!!!