Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tooele, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Either way... those are some Bodacious backdrops!
I'm guessing the second photo is looking SW towards Wheeler Peak/Great Basin National Park, judging by the shadows. I can't think of any ranges north of that with that kind of relief. Edit: Actually, that may be way too far, and I suppose it's more likely those are the Stansbury mountains. Got to remember how flat it is out there.

Last edited:
Yes, those are the Stansburys.

that spot would have been directly behind me when I took the photo that is post #18 this thread. There sure wasn't anything there that day! Nice work Scott.

& SW2Fiddler, this whole place looks like that, except for all the places that are much better! :biggrin: You're invited.

What is that fence behind the arches? We need a photo relating the SpC to Flying J and/or the Service road. Thanx in advance.
--
Wycolo, I'm not too sure what you excalty mean, it's just a plastic fence along the property line on the southern property line of the Comfort Inn. This supercharger is not in the parking lot of the Flying J as we believed it was going to be. The road you see is just the main road that those goes from I-80 to Tooele, see supercharge.info for details.

I have a business meeting in Tooele this coming week, I'll be glad take a few more pictures on its progress.

Last edited:
For the avoidance of doubt, here's the location I see in the photos:
Untitled-1.jpg

Yes! Robert has it exactly right. Backed in, charging, sitting in your car, you are looking at:
image.jpg
comfort inn there on the right, Flying J straight ahead, I-80 on the left. SLC is right behind that mountain (after you pass Kennecot Copper's massive slag piles - and the airport) ML

Well since that fence photo is the first hard evidence, I was disappointed that it did not prove the location. I was hoping for the first FJ supercharger anywhere (!?) since I'm a long time FJ user and an FJ campus just feels like home to me. But while the old FJ.Inc might have considered a TM SpC install, I doubt very much that Pilot (the new owner of FJ) would do such. So we can charge up and then coop at the FJ if need be - no biggie. Thanx for pinning this location down.
--

Lake Point/Tooele Supercharger is coming right along, the contractor said this should be finished later next week.
image.jpg

The contractor, who also did St George and Primm, said he heard word today that he was not awarded the Tremonton SC so he wasn't sure when that was going to begin but thought "soon".

Wait, what? Any details on Tremonton? How/when was it determined it would be in Tremonton?

The contractor didn't give any further details other than another company was awarded the contract but he believed it was going to start soon.

At one time was there discussion it wasn't Tremonton? That was always my understanding, it's a very suitable location as both I-84 and I-15 split there.

One interesting note, the contractor said that the Tooele location was originally planned to have a Solar Panel canopy, that would have been nice.

The contractor didn't give any further details other than another company was awarded the contract but he believed it was going to start soon.

At one time was there discussion it wasn't Tremonton? That was always my understanding, it's a very suitable location as both I-84 and I-15 split there.

One interesting note, the contractor said that the Tooele location was originally planned to have a Solar Panel canopy, that would have been nice.
Either Tremonton or Brigham City, depending on what connections they wanted to make. Brigham City would be better for a future SC in Montpelier, for people approaching the Tetons and Yellowstone from the south via U.S. 89. Tremonton works better with an SC in the Twin Falls/Burley area, and will also allow 85s (and 60s in good conditions) to skip Pocatello and go direct to Idaho Falls.