Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego CA - A Street (LIVE 27 Jun 2018, 16 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just talked to a Tesla owner todsy while charging my car and he said they DO validate your parking ticket as long as you ask for it on the way out. He said it was bullshit to pay the parking fees since Tesla pay these guy lots of money for this charging station to be here.

Great. All we need now is for both parties to get involved in a hellacious row, and for Tesla to shut down the supercharger station completely, and go somewhere else.

I spoke to the Mgr few weeks back ..posted her number few threads back ..you need to pay still as they are working out arrangements ..best is get a wash the guys down there do great work and u get validated ...even better open one in Chula Vista so I can local charge lol :rolleyes:

I just talked to a Tesla owner todsy while charging my car and he said they DO validate your parking ticket as long as you ask for it on the way out. He said it was bullshit to pay the parking fees since Tesla pay these guy lots of money for this charging station to be here.

Which is how it is at Savannah (also a parking garage) and elsewhere.

There is no reason, despite the protestations from those who like to spend other people’s money, to pay for parking on top of a steep per kWh charge.

At $0.26/kWh, for anything other than the most efficient driving, there are exactly zero fuel savings over today’s efficient hybrids. Tesla knows this.

I expect the validation issue will be resolved after or along with the 24/7 access issue, since the simplest way to address both would be with key codes displayed within a Nav pop-up (see West Palm Beach or Kettleman).

There are good reasons to put SCs in parking garages in urban areas. Charging for parking is not one of them.

20180630_191855_001.jpg

It's scary how tight the parking is. So far I've seen 2 cars carefully squeezing in between those Model Xs. I could just imagine returning to my car and seeing a scratch on the front bumper if other people using the garage are not careful

Just went by again and managed to sneak in as a monthly parker was leaving.

No idea why the gates are down and there’s a sign saying “full: monthly only” as the entire garage is 98% empty.

The ONLY (proper) way of getting to the Superchagers located on P1 is from the entrance on A street.

The 6th ave entrance takes you into P2. To get down to P1 you have to go the wrong way down a one way drive (which I just did). No problem if it’s super late, but definitely not reccomended during the day for the obvious reasons, plus the fact the spacers are angled opposite the way you’d be coming down.

Frankly, the entire setup of the spaces suck, but it’s another Supercharger in SD so I won’t complain too much.

Again, enter from A street entrance to make your life exponentially easier.

Like someone else said before, the reported numbers of chargers in use is 100% inaccurate. I pulled up when it said 8 out of 16 available— not a single person is here. After being plugged in for a while it still says 8/16 available.

Also, be sure to back ALL the way in as the driveway is super narrow.

In addition to the Superchargers, there are two Tesla HPWC.

View attachment 313460 View attachment 313459
View attachment 313461

Thanks for the tips! Where are the HPWC's located, I couldn't see them in your pictures. I might go for the $5 after hours for a full charge on the HPWC's

Yes, using the car nav system. Says you reached your destination. SC nowhere in sight. Can someone attach a pic of the front entrance?

Huge sign in front of building that says “6th and A parking.” On left side of street.

A7159A23-1E85-4FD2-B71E-7BD297150835.png

Thanks for the tips! Where are the HPWC's located, I couldn't see them in your pictures. I might go for the $5 after hours for a full charge on the HPWC's

Here:

1C9D556D-89D0-4A3B-8370-4770A2FA281D.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Will an X fit between two Xs?
I think the S is just as wide as the X. But yeah it looks way too narrow. Even before seeing the pic with the 2 X's charging, I could tell it was too narrow. I think they should scrap it and put it somewhere else. I can't even imagine when this supercharger is full trying to back into the last stall. You'll have to maneuver between cars on both sides while also watching out for your front bumper as you back in. Just a horrible design.

Reactions: P85_DA